Under The Table

-

-

"I hate this." I muttered to myself while changing into a satin pink dress.

"What?" Rebekah called from the bedroom. "You hate what?"

Damn her vampire hearing.

"I hate dressing up so fancy for a family dinner."

"Who are you kidding yourself?" Rebekah laughed, coming into the bathroom as I was fixing the breast area of my dress. "Kathryn, you love getting dressed up in fancy clothing and you are the most girly person I know. Don't even try to deny it. Now, what do you really hate?"

Rebekah had gotten me. Yeah, I know my lie was a stupid one, but I had the tiniest bit of hope that she would fall for it. I couldn't tell her what I was really thinking though. I didn't even know what to say or how to word it.

I couldn't just flat out tell her,"I know your second eldest brother is my boyfriend and I really like him, but then I also have been secretly sleeping with your eldest brother and I kind of like him a lot more and I really hope you approve". Doing so would be a complete and utter disaster.

Elijah and Klaus both had their eyes set on me the moment I walked into their lives. Though I was human, Rebekah and I had become fast friends, and I was the only person who she could trust with her family secrets. I wasn't scared away by the fact that her family members were the first vampires in existence, and for that, she would be eternally grateful. Pun intended. However, Klaus was the first to swoop in, and since Elijah was such a gentleman and let it happen, I went with Klaus. The two of us had a pretty strong relationship, and I did feel a connection. I loved him in more of a best friend kind of way and did enjoy the time we took in the bedroom together, but when I figured out Elijah liked me, everything seemed different. I had always noticed Elijah, and preferably would have gone with him first, but my top priority was Klaus. Although, when Elijah had finally made a move, the two of us instantly ended up sleeping together. It was a never ending cycle from there.

Now let me tell you, the sex was fantastic. Much better than Klaus fantastic. Rebekah always joked about sex with a vampire being better than anything else in the world, and damn was she right. Elijah knew everything and only he alone could make me feel like I lived on top of a cloud. After we discovered our undeniable chemistry, we had been sleeping together ever since, and every chance we got. It had been almost five months since our first time, and the two of us knew it was bound to come out soon, yet neither of us wanted our bliss to end. The sheer fun and excitement of having to keep it a secret was one of the best parts of our relationship, but having to hide it from his siblings, well enough to not be noticed, was difficult work. We had almost been caught a few times.

I knew lying and sneaking around behind Klaus' back was going to send me to straight to my death bed. I knew Klaus didn't react well to those who betrayed him. Therefore, I would always fear continuing to do what Elijah and I did, however, that fear never seemed to stop me. I enjoyed my time with him too much.