"Yup."

The ginger healer stares towards her wife, not even daring to jinx their situation by saying anything. But it was abundantly clear that her mate was feeling just as much anxiety as herself.

"Don't break anything."

"Hmph. I should say that to you."

"You didn't, though."

"Meh. I'm busy. I'll tell you later."

Zen displays an easy grin, then adds a quick wink before teleporting herself to the dining-hall of their opposite hotel in Kileah. "Go kick some arse."

"LET'S GO!" Clara stands up so fast that she knocks over the forty foot-long bench she was seated on, and raises her orchialum-tipped trident high overhead to display her readiness. "FOR THE SISTERHOOD!!"

The short Cat-woman frowns at how loud and enthusiastic the Bear-kin was being, but simply ignores the outburst because of how it seems to inspire the other girls. "Jus' stick to th' plan."

After watching the teens race out to their defensive-positions, Zen slowly draws her pair of katana, and sends a forlorne look towards the mithril one trapped in her left fist. "Maggie... might need some help, ol' girl. Anythin' you can send us..."

Obviously, her sword doesn't answer, and she snorts out a breath of derision before snapping a glare towards the entrance of the dining-hall.

No more than a dozen seconds later, shouts begin to bounce back to her position, and she rapidly cycles through the names of the girls inside Shiro and Kuro that were under her protection.

Immediately, she teleports to where Najwa had been waiting on the roof-top and lashes out her green blade, easily slicing through the back of one assassin's neck, and following up with a thrust into the flank of another with her adamantium blade.

After swiping the men's weapons, a quick glance around the space shows that her sweet Scout was locked in battle with the only other shadow-figure, so the short Cat-woman warps back to her starting-spot in the dining-hall before cycling through images again.

A few seconds later, she instantly moves to stand back-to-back with Elsa in front of the main entrance, deflecting a pair of sparkling red swords with a single riposte, then follows up with a spell-cast that sends three dozen rocky spikes through her enemies' backs.

But another duo of assassins appear above the twitching corpses, one with a scythe wound back for a strike, and the other lashing out with a segmented, barbed whip.

Without enough time to absorb and counter, Zen simply teleports herself and the vanguard-Dog inside of the foyer, where they watch five shadowy figures strike the same empty space all at the same time.

"My mithril bulwark shield would have been damaged from that. Thank you."

"They would dare, huh. Here. Maybe this'll help."

Elsa looks to the adamantium longsword being held out for her to claim, and she readily stores her mithril weapon in favour of the upgrade.

"Let's make 'em pay for trying to scratch your mithril bulwark shield."

"You said it."

"Huh?"

"Bulwark shield."

"Shut up." The small Scout takes a combat-stance as the shadows finally notice their change of position, then grins as two of them inexplicably detonate in a shower of blood and gore.