No Better Place to Train

Zacznij od początku

"I told you I threw the match."

"That's not what the girls say."

"Uh-huh. A hundred percent accuracy until the final five minutes, where I just so happened to miss thirty attempts in a row?" Zen offers her human a wicked smile. "No. I gave it to them on a silver platter."

"Why?"

"'Cause they were helpful. And only mildly frustrating."

"Sweetie-"

"I'm not breaking one of your st... your rules for magicky crap."

"Mmhmm."

"Anyways, It's not like it's gonna cost us much. Polly said she'd pay for her trip by taking a couple 'f extra dives, and we were already gonna start importing exotic stuff from far-off cities. So giving Uma a couple little cakes here an' there-"

"She doesn't need more sweets."

"Sure she does."

"Why?"

"'Cause Clara has far too much endurance."

Joanne raises her brows in surprise, though then quickly narrows her gaze to a fine point. "You're trying to meddle, again."

"I'm... just..."

"Just?"

"Clara sleeps with far too many girls, damnit. Pretty soon she's gonna have both hotels under her control."

"Mizuki..."

"Whatever. I just wanna delay that from happening as long as I can."

"Why bother? The girls all love Clara."

"I know. But you don't know how it smells."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Uhm... pot-pourri?"

Zen purses her lips for a few moments while considering the potent fragrances of dried flowers, and how well they'd be able to cover the stench of attraction from sixty hormomal teenagers. "Well... better than goats. Can you set it up?"

"Sure." The red-headed healer leans down for a quick trio of kisses before whirling back towards the office door. "See you in a bit!"

"Mm... damned right..." Zen waits until the portal falls shut, then spins around and crosses the street. Just a block up was their secondary hotel, made in the exact same style, though the surfaces of the mud-stone walls were etched in a completely different pattern than the primary. Jessie had insisted on it.

After greeting the Matron and blowing kisses to all the girls she sees in the dining-hall, she then heads up to the girls' lounge on the roof, through a slim door, then begins to pound on another set just a dozen feet away.

This laboritory, like Wei's penthouse on top of Kuro and Shiro, occupied nearly half of the space, making it an utterly massive domicile... but the odd researcher that now lived here only had a single bedroom, tiny bathroom, a small sitting-area, and a decently-sized kitchen... otherwise, the rest of the area was devoted to his trade-craft.

A full minute and a half goes by before the golden-haired human male finally opens the door. Albeit only a crack. "Y-yes?"

"What're you playin' at?"