Chapter 13 - "Entering Tense Meeting Room"

Hollands POV

I stared at the magazine paper lying on the meeting room table. I kept reading the headline over and over again in my head, nothing made sense and none of it was true. How can they pile on these lies to people? They don't even know what they are talking about.

"The Maze Runner star Dylan O'Brien cheating on girlfriend Britt Robertson with Teen Wolf Co-Worker". I was gonna be sick. No one was cheating on anyone.

Yes, it might be a sticky situation and yes, Britt probably don't like the idea of me and him, but this is not the truth. I found myself frowning at the magazine.

I was feeling bitter for how they presented me as Teen Wolf Co-Worker. We're more than just co-workers, we're long time friends.

But I need to get over it, I knew this was gonna happen. The news outlets were gonna make drama.

I look at the others in the room. Dylan sitting right over me with his publicist by his side, they were talking to each other. Dylan was wearing a black hoodie and grey jeans.

My manager, Leah, was sitting beside me holding her phone and texting with her retro glasses and brown slick hair.

Dylan's publicist, Paula, turned around and looked at me with her deep dark green eyes, fair freckled skin and highlighted hair.

"So how are you doing with all of this?" She asked.

"I'm fine. It's a little much, but I can handle it... I think" I answer and try smiling a little bit.

I could feel Dylan looking at me as well. He must be frustrated. He's the one being called a cheater.

"So, Britt's coming soon, and then we can talk about what we're gonna do" Paula says and I feel a punch in my stomach

Dylan never told me Britt was coming too. This was gonna get really awkward. I realized I didn't hide my surprised reaction too well.

"Sorry, I should have told you she was coming" Dylan finally says.

He leans over the table and puts on a apologetic look. I know he felt bad for not telling me, I know Dylan. I look at him back and I fake a smile.

"Oh, no, that's okay. She's a part of this too, she should be here" I lied.

I felt like I was gonna be sick. How was she going to act around me? We used to be friends. And I just stole her boyfriend a few weeks after their break-up.

The door suddenly opens and Britt enters the meeting room with what I assume is her manager.

She was wearing converse, jeans and a yellow hoodie, her hair was up in a ponytail. Her face looked tired and sad.

She walked straight down to the far end of the table, while looking down and sat down. There was a huge space between both me and Dylan from where she sat.

I suppose this was a sign, that she wasn't really pleased to be in this tense meeting room either.

The dark haired man following Britt came to shake my hand and tell him his name. Trevor, he called himself.

"So, Dylan, I think you should make a statement on your Facebook profile." Paula starts saying after Trevor sat down beside Britt, who was still looking down on the floor.

"What do you think Trevor?" Paula looks at Trevor and Trevor looks at Britt.

"Yes, assuming you, Dylan is the most targeted victim in this situation and with the most eyes on. I think you should be the one explaining it. And Britt agrees" Trevor says and Britt still doesn't move or react at all.

Dylans POV

This feels so wrong and so weird. I have my ex-girlfriend of 5 years and my friend of 6 years - now my new girlfriend, sitting in the same room discussing whether or not we should address the situation to the media. How has it come to this so fast?

I used to think I would never wish to be those stuck up celebrities who always have some sort of drama shoved up in all of the worlds faces.

And now everyone thinks I'm the biggest douchebag of all time, cheating on my girlfriend.

"Yes, I can make a Facebook post" I say looking at the magazine lying on the table.

I didn't really wanna have eye contact with anybody in this room. This whole thing feels weird.

...

The meeting was short, but effective. Everybody watched as I posted the post on my Facebook page, and everybody had something they wanted to say about it. And that was it.

The post sounded something like...

{"Hello friends. I know this is weird, because I'm usually not the social media kind of person. But there is some unfortunate rumours going around about me, that I want to clarify. How it really is, and not how the media adresses it as."

"Me and Britt was broken up long before this picture was taken. And yes, I will not hide the fact that I'm now dating my long time friend and co-worker, Holland Roden. That is everything. Much love to you all, DOB."}

And now it's time to wait for the world to once again judge and have an opinion. At least now they know the truth.

Britt and her manager already left. She didn't say anything the whole meeting. Her manager talked for her. I don't blame her. I wanted to know if she was okay and I wanted to help, but I can't. I can't help her.

My publicist also left, so there was me, Holland and her manager Leah.

"I'll be going now. Thanks for inviting me, Dylan" Leah says and gives Holland a hug before she's out of the door as well.

"That was intense" I say and grab Hollands shoulders to embrace her. I put my arms around her and hug her tight.

 I put my arms around her and hug her tight

"Yes. I feel so bad for Britt, dyls." She mumbles inside my chest.

There's a moment of silence where we just stand there, embracing each other.

"I saw the American Assasin trailer before I got here" she mumbles inside my chest again, changing the subject.

She looks up at me and leans her chin on my chest instead.

"Yeah? Did you like it?" I say and snuggle my face closer to hers.

"It looks so cool." She pauses and looks at me. "That was no Stiles, that's for sure" She laughs.

"You're right" I say and we kissed.

To be continued...
Sorry, this was not really an exciting chapter. But stay tuned 😁

Lol, I only JUST realized it's called POV not POW. That's embarrassing 😅 Haha