"Rian.... I think we both know that you have already made your decision, deep inside." I smiled.

"I-" he paused. Rian's eyes glazed over. He was talking to someone. I waited a few minutes to hear Hunter mentally tell me "Get ready. We're going on a date."

I grinned the biggest grin ever and looked at Rian who had looked more torn. "What's up?" I asked, my grin vanishing.

"My brother..... he's shifting soon. The full moon is in a week. My parents want me home to help and to reduce his restlessness." He sighed.

"Hey, don't be so sad. You're getting to see your family!"

"Except I don't know if it's really my brother shifting or a ruse to get me home." His eyes narrowed.

I sighed softly. "If you're really unsure, I can follow you." I said. He was about to say something but I shook my head. "No. You helped me during one of the hardest times of my life. You befriended me even when others didn't. You're my best friend, Rian and I will do everything in my power to help you."

Rian chuckled. "Thanks, Maddy. I love you, you sucker." He laughed, jumping out of the chair and hugging me. I hugged him back.

"Love you too, puffball." I replied. "But.... We should probably refrain from saying that in front of Hunter or he'd go mad." I laughed. Rian burst out in laughter.

"Yes. I value my life a lot."

"Rian, promise me that you'll tell me when you're leaving. I want to come along." I said.

"..." He hesitated before nodding. "Okay... Now go get ready! You stink. When was the last time you showered?" He had a playful disgusted expression on his face.

"Hmph. Fine fine.. I'm getting up." I replied, crawling out of the warm comfy bed. I pouted and mumbled a few curses at him. But then I remembered Hunter's words.

We were going on a date!

My eyes glared at Rian who was staring at me with a frown. I guess he could tell what I wanted since I kept gesturing for him to leave the room. He shook his head no but I kept firm on my expression. He finally sighed and took off.

I grinned and started to throw off my clothing before getting in the shower. I turned the temperature to slightly warmer than warm and relaxed under the rain of hot water. I washed myself and shampooed my greasy hair that hadn't been washed in about four days due to me spending too much time studying.

When I was ready to leave the shower, I wrapped my fluffy purple towel around me. My fingers and feet were already pruned. I went to the sink and brushed my teeth, washing my face too. Satisfied, I left the bathroom and went to my closet to pick out an outfit to wear. The temperature outside was warmer than it was when I first came here. It was nearing summer and already many wolves were wearing shorts and tank tops. It was relatively hot since our body temperature was also warmer than humans so a mere 20°C felt like 30°C.

I picked a short sleeved white dress with blue pattterns all over it. The neck was a V-shape and ended a little below my boobs. It hugged my body but flowed a little just after my butt. I had bought it when Rian dared me to. It had never been worn before until now. In fact, I don't think Hunter even knew I had the dress.

I was becoming more bold by wearing a sexy dress like this. But I wanted it. I wanted to show Hunter that I could do sexiness since this is probably the first time he would have seen me in a dress. Since I only had a pair of boots, a pair of sneakers and a pair of sandals, I decided on the sandals. It was a beige-brown colored flat gladiator sandals that I bought the last time just because it could go with anything.