3: Meeting The Crew

Your POV.
I got home and changed into my pajamas. I jumped into my bed and let out a sigh. My thoughts were all focused on Dom and stayed that way until I drifted asleep.

10:24 A.M

My eyes fluttered open to the sound of a text message. I rolled into my side and checked the message. It was my cousin wanting me to call her. "Hey cuz what's up?" I said sitting myself up right staring blankly at the wall. "Well I'd just like to tell you I have important news and I think you're going to like what I have to say". I rolled my eyes then replied "Well are you going to tell me?".  She laughed, "I will when I come visit you tomorrow!!". I could tell she was expecting me to be excited. "Okay cuz ill See you tomorrow". I took the phone away from my face and hung up.  "The barbecue!". I rushed to the kitchen thinking of something I could fix up in the time I had. I decided to make a potato salad, coleslaw, and some cookies. As the cookies were baking I decided to get ready. I threw on a white dress which was laced on the top and chiffon on the bottom. I put on my nude gladiator sandals and to finish the look I put on my silver cross that my cuz gave to me. I looked at myself making sure I was presentable and walked out into the kitchen to put the finishing touches on the food. I brought the food outside and realized I didn't have my car. "Shit". I said as I punched the side of my house and kicked at the side walk. "Looks like I'll be walking from here." I sighed and started walking. It wasn't a long walk, he lived about five minutes by car. Once I arrived almost everyone was there. I knocked on the front door to be greeted by Mia. "Hey y/n I'm so glad you came!" She said as she gave me a hug. She gestured for me to follow and I put my food on their kitchen counter. Mia led me out back to where everyone was. I examined the backyard and I found Dom. He was right behind the grill. I walked over to him and once he saw me his eyes lit up. "Y/n I knew you'd make it, you look great." He said as he gave me a pat on the back with one hand while flipping the burgers with another hand. I turned around and walked back inside to help Mia. "Need help?" I said leaning on the doorway. "Oh no, it's okay I'll be fine." She was doing a million different things all at once and I knew she needed help. "Mia it's okay please let me help" she gave me a soft smile. Once we organized everything, we started bringing out the food to the table. Dom saved me a seat right next to him. "Alright everyone, now before we get started id like to introduce you to someone. This is y/n. Met her last night at race wars; first girl to beat me." I looked down and blushed. He started introducing me to everyone pointing to each of them as he said their name. "There's tej, Vince, Roman, Ramsey, Hobbs, letty, Brian, and Mia". I waved and I was greeted by their smiles. Roman reached for the cookies I brought and I chuckled. "You know the drill Roman. Hope you've planned on saying grace." Everyone linked hands and Roman started to speak. "Thanks for this special food. And to a new member of the family. Now can we eat some god damn food?" Everyone laughed and dug in. Talking with these guys was so easy it was like they were my family. They all loved me and there wasn't one moment when I felt left out. "That was so fucking good." I said leaning back into my chair putting my hands behind my head. Mia started taking dishes inside and I followed. "Hey want help with those dishes?" I asked ready to start helping. "No please. You've already helped so much, plus I heard my brother wanted to take you somewhere." As soon as she finished her sentence Dom walked in. "Y/n, wanna go for a drive?" My heart was pounding. "Of course Dom." Mia smiled and Brian walked in and gave Mia a kiss. I watched in awe until Dom put an arm around my waist and we walked out to his car. "Where are we going?" I asked as I got into his car. "The place where I go to get away, and do what I love." He looked at me staring deep into my eyes. When we finally arrived we were at his garage. I hopped out of the car and ran inside and admired everything. "I've always wanted my own garage. Never had the time or place to get one." Dom chuckled and walked closer to me. "This is my second home, and I'm glad to welcome you to it." We walked over to a Bench and talked about almost anything that involves cars. While talking Dom continued to get closer but I thought nothing of it. "This is amazing you have everything you could ever want here." I said checking out everything in doms garage until my eyes met with Doms. We sat there in silence just looking at each other, but it wasn't that awkward silence. It was that silence that feels like everything in that moment is happening for a reason. And in the same exact moment my heart was racing a million miles an hour hoping that something would happen, but not knowing what to expect. I looked down and blushed but then Dom put his hands beneath my chin and lifted my face up. He looked into my eyes and soon his eyes flickered to my lips and he leaned in.