2: Escape

Your POV.
I looked behind us only to see the flickering lights of the police cars. "Fuck" I said. Dom looked at me and smiled. "Oh so you think this is funny?" I said. "I can tell you're not used to this. Not used to the police chasing you, and definitely not used to the bullets" he grinned. "Oh and you are?" I looked down at my boots. "I've always been used to seeing the police lights in my rear view mirror. Most times they could never catch me. You'd be surprised." Dom was so mysterious and I liked it. "By the way I don't believe I caught your name." I looked out the window. "The names y/n" We pulled up to his house and we both got out of the car. I pulled out my phone and started to call a cab. "Hey want a beer?" He asked looking at the ground scratching the back of his head. I nodded my head and Dom held out his hand. I took it and I walked inside the door. I recognized a few faces from the race wars but then I saw a face I wish I didn't recognize. I could tell by doms expression that he wasn't too happy to see him too. "Dom what the fuck is Pedro doing here?" I asked while clenching my fists". He stood back and said "I'm gonna let you handle this one however you'd like". I'm gonna enjoy every second of this I thought. I made my way over to Pedro while suddenly someone said "Aye Dom who's the hot chick?" Dom ignored him and he crossed his arms and smirked waiting to see what move id make next. "PEDRO WHAT THE FUCK THAT CAR WAS MY BABY". Everyone looked and I'm glad they did. "Oh this should be interesting". Dom said. I grabbed Pedro by the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the wall choking him. "Look I might be a girl but I'll be your worst fucking nightmare if you don't get her fixed or give me the money to fix her". I was so angry and I had such a tight grip that he was turning purple. "Believe me honey, that cars where she belongs, in the trash". That's it; I thought; he's dead. "Big mistake" Dom whispered to himself. I swung my fist and punched him right across his face; breaking his nose and I slammed him against the wall one more time. "Like I said you give me the money or else next time I won't let you live". I threw him to the ground; his blood got all over the carpet. I walked over to Dom. "Sorry about your carpet". I apologized. "Oh believe me, it was worth watching" he chuckled and handed me a Corona. I gladly accepted. As I was drinking and chatting with Dom this man walked up to me. "Damn chick you got balls.... And you're hot" he scratched the back of his head. I blushed and looked down.  "Y/n meet Vince". "The pleasures all mine" vince said as he kissed my hand. Suddenly Dom picked me up and brought me upstairs. He knocked on a door and out came the girl I saw at the street race. "Mia this is y/n, met her at race wars." She smiled and said "Oh yeah I remember you! Dom I'm stealing her for a few seconds." She took my hand pulled me into the room and slammed the door shut. "Well hello to you too". I said while giggling. Mia inspected me. She looked me up and down and spun me in a circle. Finally she sat me on her bed and said "I've never seen him get this way before. I think you're really special to him. All those skanks and sluts that are at race wars disgust him. I'm glad you're making a good impression on my brother." I smiled. "Thanks Mia! Who was that guy you were with earlier? Not trying to sound creepy haha". Mia sat in awe. "That would be Brian. I've known him for almost three years. I don't know what I did to deserve him but he's perfect. He used to be a cop. But he gave it all up for us. And if that isn't love idk what is". She stared past me at a photo. I walked over and examined it. "Who's this girl standing next to Dom?" I asked curiously with a hint of jealousy. "That would be Letty. Doms cousin. Her father died getting shot by a shotgun and her mother previously died due to natural causes I guess. It was really sudden but we never questioned it". I looked at the photo. I sat in awe of how they looked like such a perfect family. There was a knock on the door, when suddenly Dom opened it and standing next to him was Brian. "Mia Brian's here for you and y/n I'd like to take you back from Mia". He said with that grin that gave me chills. "Okay give us just a few more minutes!" Mia said as if she had super important news. "Okay so I have super important news." I laughed and nodded for her to continue. "Every Sunday we have a family barbecue and you have to come!!!" She jumped up and down with me. "Okay I'd love to come!" I said smiling. I couldn't wait to come, this could be the start of my new family. Considering I didn't have any and I'm already starting to love these guys. Mia walked to the door and opened it. "Hello Brian". I said greeting him as I shook his hand. "Hello y/n, Dom was telling me all about you." Dom nudged his arm and said "Still a buster". While looking down. Mia and Brian left and they waved goodbye to us. I looked up at Dom and said "So Mia invited me to the barbecue tomorrow is it okay it I come?". Doms smile grew wide and it gave me butterflies. "Of course you can come." On the outside I played it cool but on the inside I was dying. "Cool, I'm super excited. I'll start heading out". I said as I was gathering my things. "You can stay the night if you'd like". Dom said. I thought to myself. As much as I wanted to stay id hafta eat shower and do a bunch of other things. "I would love to but I have to get home. See ya Dom!" I said as I went downstairs and left the house. I got in a random car and started to head home with he biggest smile on my face that hasn't been there in forever.