The Adventures Of Supergirl

Kara had grown a lot over the past year in regards to coming out as Supergirl and struggling to find the balance between work, love and her duties at the DEO. It had been tough but Kara had to let her love life fizzle out in order to strengthen her fighting skills as Supergirl and to keep her boss, Cat Grant, 'Queen of all Media' happy.

But Kara had found hope in her friendship with James. Sure, Winn had crushed on her and even kissed Kara once, but she knew deep down, that the two of them were more best friends than lovers. James had swooped Kara off her feet the second she laid eyes on him in his office. He was kind, generous, muscly and all round a good guy. It was no wonder Kara had begun to fall for him.

"Pow.." was what Kara whispered to herself as she left the new Art Directors office. Her heart pounded a mile a minute and she knew what she felt. A bit of love and lust, but it was something Kara had never felt before. Both Kara and James felt something for each other, but found it difficult because there were always obstacles getting in the way.

Every time they tried to be with one another, things would just come crashing down and cock-blocking them. Kara became frustrated and started doubting her feelings, which eventually became extremely apparent after flying Fort Rozz out into space. As she passed out, -knowing she would eventually die- her life began to flash before her. Kara watched as her planet exploded, she saw her arrival with the Danvers' family, how she saved a woman and her child from a burning car at aged 13 and finally her coming out as Supergirl. After seeing all of her life, Kara realised that she couldn't have it all. She would never get to be normal, she would always be wondering what life would have been like if Krypton had not exploded and she would never have a "normal" relationship with someone she cared about.

This apprehension was hard-hitting for Kara. She knew that after all this time, James liked her and wanted to be with her but she could not be with him.

Unfortunately, Kara's date with James had arrived the very next afternoon. She used her super speed to clean up her apartment and picked a nice dress out for the dinner. Kara knew she had to end things with James but with one moment of weakness, she couldn't bring herself to call him and cancel the date. Kara turned on the television in hopes of watching the Venture launch before James arrived, but to her dismay, he knocked on her door twenty minutes early.

Kara sighed and walked to the door. She quickly wiped her hands down her white and black striped dress before fiddling with her glasses out of nervousness. The young Kryptonian let in a deep breath and slowly opened the door revealing James in a black suit. "Kara! Hey." James grinned ear-to-ear as he looked Kara up and down. "You look beautiful." Kara blushed and nodded for James to walk in. She was unsure of what to do, but when she saw James bring in pizza and potstickers, Kara knew she was able to stay in and enjoy her favourite foods whilst watching the Venture launch.

"I love pizza and potstickers!" James laughed wholeheartedly as he placed the food down onto the bench. "Yes Kara, I know that about you." Kara was too busy stuffing her face with potstickers to reply, which caused James to laugh once more. "You put on the Venture, how about we sit and watch the launch? Since I know the Space Program is something you thoroughly enjoy." Kara nodded and placed herself onto the couch holding the pizza and potstickers in her hands with ease. James followed suit and watched as the launch began.

"In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Lift off!" Kara threw her hands in the air with joy as the rocket launched into the sky, showing no initial issues. Everything seemed to be going well but as the Venture reached space, the right engine exploded. Time seemed to stand still as Kara immediately jumped into action, changing into her Supergirl suit and flying out of her balcony. James sighed knowing that once again, Kara had to go off to save the world and he felt left out. He decided to turn the volume on the TV higher to watch Supergirl save the citizens onboard.

Kara flew towards the Venture as it was making an imminent descent. She gripped tightly onto the nose of the rocket attempting to steady it. "Oh come on, I flew Fort Rozz, a 100 million tonne alien ship into space, I can level this rocket." Supergirl began to level the Venture but the hero knew she couldn't stop it from crash landing at deathly speeds. Kara thought she could be in trouble here, but without a moment too soon, Kal-El emerged into the sky beside her. "Hey cous! This looks like a job for the both of us!" Superman nodded smiling. "Absolutely, I've got the engine. Lets slow this ship down."

Kara smiled as the pair worked together, decreasing the speed of the rocket before landing it onto the country grass out of harms way. Supergirl breathed a sigh of relief before grinning at Superman and jumping up and down. "That was awesome!" Kara quickly shook her head smiling. "I- I mean it was terrible but awesome! We've never saved anything together!"

Clark smiled at his cousin, "I know." Kara couldn't help but hug him with a little too much pressure. Luckily for Kal, no harm would be done. "I've dreamt of this moment. The two of us, teaming up. You should come back with me to the DEO, I have much to tell you."

---------------------------------

Clark and Kara arrived at the not-so-secret DEO building in the middle of National City. Kara was excited because she was finally able to show everyone that she and her cousin finally teamed up. Although, as soon as they walked in, the agents stood in two lines facing towards the young heroes, all watching Superman with awe. "Hey everyone, this is my cous- Well you know Superman." Clark walked passed a few agents, shaking their hands and congratulating them on their hard work protecting Earth.

At the end of the hall were Alex and J'onn. J'onn stood tall shooting an unmissable glare towards Superman. "Did you know she was bringing him here?" J'onn said before walking away out of sight. Alex watched her boss in confusion but moved over and hugged Clark as he reached her arm length. Clark whispered in her ear, "Alex, I'm glad you're okay. I heard about Jeremiah, I will help anyway I can. He's like family to me." Alex nodded and muttered a quick "thank you" before Clark followed J'onn into a secluded room behind the main centre.

Kara sighed, confused as to why J'onn and Clark were quite distant towards each other. Alex turned to her sister, resting her hand on Kara's shoulder. "Hey, don't worry. They will work out their problems." Alex let her hand fall before walking across to Winn who was staring blankly at the direction of where Clark followed J'onn. Alex snapped her fingers in front of Winn's face before "gently" pushing him towards the computer. "We have an issue, the Venture. In the flight, errors such as engine failure should've occurred before the rocket had reached space, which means-" Kara cut Alex off, slightly panicked, "which means that the Venture was sabotaged to explode and perhaps kill the passengers inside." Alex nodded and looked at Winn. "Who created the part that exploded on the Venture?" Winn aimlessly typed onto the DEO's computer files and managed to find what company had created this part. He pushed the screen across flashing the logo on the front of the computer.

"Luthor Corp."

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, this is my first fan-fiction. I noticed that there wasn't a lot of GOOD Supercorp fan-fiction's and truthfully, we really need more. I am giving it a go and I have an idea of where i want the story to go -progression wise-, so give me a chance. I hope you enjoy the rest of the series.