9

"Magnus", Alec sighed, furrowing his brow.
"Concentrate. That's not the way to do it."

"How can I concentrate when there are other things to do", Magnus winked, flirtatiously.

Alec blushed a deep red and Magnus bit back a grin, setting the guitar aside. He never could resist flirting and it produced magical effects with Alexander.

"We've had enough of practice already", Magnus grinned, inching closer. His hand creeped closer to Alec's and he laced his fingers with his.

Alec looked up, his biggest mistake as he got trapped in Magnus's gorgeous amber-green eyes.

He was just able to get a glimpse of his smirk before Magnus's lips found a way onto his.

Magnus sighed internally in bliss. Nothing was better than kissing Alexander, always so shy yet curious. Ever so afraid to make a mistake. Magnus himself was careful so as not to impression. He was well aware that Alec was a fresh leaf, untouched by most.

Magnus couldn't help but smile and revert back to their first date.

--------------------------------------------------------

Alec was late.

By 10 minutes.

But Magnus was already pacing, wondering if this had been a bad idea, too sudden and impulsive.

He had donned a glittery silver top with a black studded jacket and scarlet leather pants. His face was adorned with makeup as usual and silver glitter could be seen in his carefully styled hair. He resisted the urge to run a hand through them, clutching at his fair amount of lockets or necklaces with his bejewelled fingers.

He stopped at the counter and turned to Chairman Meow who was contentedly drinking his milk.

"What do you think Chairman, will he show up?" Magnus wondered.

The Chairman looked up for a moment to glare at him for interrupting his meal before going back to it.

Magnus cast his eyes skyward, chiding at himself for asking a cat for advice when the bell rang.

No, Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn, definitely did not jump and rush to pick up.

"Hello", he drawled.
"Who is it?"

"Magnus?"
A heavy breath voice, deep yet uncertain. Alexander.
"It's me, uh Alec."

"Come in", Magnus announced, unable to keep a smile off his face.

He quickly positioned himself to lean at the counter, just in time too, as Alec barged in.

Magnus's eyes raked through him. He had discarded his usual lousy sweaters and jeans for a tawny leather jacket and black trousers. He smelled faintly of perfume and was wearing the blue tee he had bought that day with Izzy.

It wasn't a very fashionable or wonderful choice but somehow it suited Alexander.

Alec had seemed to have paused mid-sentence.
"Uh...I-I'm sorry, there was traffic and I got late- I was-"

"Its alright", Magnus waved it away, with a smile.
"Ah, meet my cat, Chairman Meow. Chairman, this is Alexander."

Magnus rolled his eyes when the silly cat did not look up and poked at him, leading to a hiss as the Chairman pounced away.

Alec looked at him uncertainly, as if debating how to react.

"Never mind the Chairman", Magnus said, stepping closer.
"Let's go, I know a wonderful place nearby."