4

The next few days were different.

Magnus couldn't help noticing little things like how Alexander would finger the edges of his sweaters when he was nervous. How he used to tilt his head and bite his lip while trying to correct Magnus or scratch his head when they got talking about his family, which was rare. It was all very adorable.

Magnus couldn't help it.

He was falling for Alexander.

And he had to stop. Right now.

That was what he would tell himself every morning but at the end of the day, he would end up going for his classes after all. Alexander needed the money, it was charity, but his heart said something else.

That particular day there had been something off about Alexander. He had seemed to be in one of his moods. He had been teaching Magnus with barely concealed patience and had seemed to be sluggish and overall depressed.

When Magnus hit another wrong chord he sighed.

"No, it's like this", he muttered, bringing up his hand on his and striking the C minor.

Instantly, Magnus could feel the heat vibrating off him.

"Alexander, you're steaming hot", Magnus said, slightly alarmed.

Alexander's eyebrows knit up in confusion.

"What?"

Magnus put aside the guitar and pressed a hand to Alec's forehead.

"You are running a temperature", he confirmed.

Alexander just flushed.

"No, I'm alright", he said, shaking his head,but his drooping eyelids told a different story.

"It's just a little headache...."

"I am not listening to anything", Magnus huffed, placing a hand on Alexander's chest to prevent him from getting back

"You are definitely sick. Now where is the thermometer?"

"Room on the left, middle drawer in the cabinet", Alexander answered, admitting defeat.

Magnus strode into the room and stopped in surprise. The room was.... weird. One side of it was perfectly kept. Books in the rack, a couple of clothes folded on the bed, nothing much. And then it looked as if a hurricane had gone through the other side. Various clothes were strewn on another bed, the closet was wide open, stacked with boots and heals and all sorts of make up.

Isabelle, Magnus smiled, but then turned his attention to the oak cabinet in a corner. On top of it sat a family picture of Alexander looking 16ish with Isabelle and their baby brother holding their parents hands. Magnus had a vague thought that the parents seemed familiar but he dismissed it and opened the middle drawer, rummaging through the various mundane contents until he finally found the thermometer.

He grabbed it amd went outside, only to find Alexander slumped on the couch, as if unconscious.

Magnus hurried towards him anxiously.

"Alexander", he shook the blue-eyed boy. He was breathing heavily and it seemed as if his body was getting hotter by the minute. 

Alexander opened his eye lids warily and they drooped shut again.

Magnus flicked his fingers as a glass of water appeared on the table. He helped Alec wake up and held a glass of water to his lips which he drunk sluggishly.

Magnus handed the thermometer to Alec who popped it in his mouth after a feeble thanks and leaned back.

For any mundane this situation wouldn't have been much troubling but Magnus had found mortals to be fragile and delicate. Anything could kill them. That made Alexander's fever quite worrisome.

His frown only deepened when he found it to be 103 degrees.

"Alright, you need to get some medicine", he announced.

"Don't have any" Alec's eyes were closed.

Of course. Life was against Magnus. You would think someome would drop a grudge after 300 years.

"I'll be right back", Magnus said, and closed the door behind him. As if Magnus was leaving him anywhere. He snapped his fingers to get some medicine, adding a little magic to make them more efficient and effective.

He waited outside for a minute and then stalked in. Alec's eyes fluttered open.

"Back so soon?" he murmured, his forehead creased in confusion.

"I was gone for sometime, your fever must be getting worse", Magnus says, nonchalanty as he gives Alec the medicine.

He takes the medicine, washing it down with some water.

"Thanks Magnus", Alec said, his words slurring a little. He mumbled something incoherently and slumped onto him, sprawling on his lap.

Magnus had wanted the medicine to make Alec sleepy but he hadn't known it qould work so fast.

He looked at his angelic face, sharp jawline ending at a muscular neck. Soft and dull lips, cheeckbones so sharp that one could slics salami qith them. His eyelashes were so long that they toched his cheeckbones and his hair curled slightly at the ends, arranging themaelf breathtakingly around his face.

Magnus brought up a one hand to stroke the smooth and hot skin on his cheeks, his other hand running through his soft hair and kissed him softly on the forehead.

He couldn't help it.

He had already fallen for Alexander.

It was too late to worry about his broken heart. He was in too deep.

So sorry for being lazy and not writing! Hope you enjoyed the extra long chapter! :)