Demons Run (16) Clichés

Start from the beginning

     I walked out of the bathroom, holding up the top of it with my hand so it wouldn't sag, "I love it, guys, but it's not exactly my size."

     Pain stood up and bounded over to me, gripping the waist of my dress and concentrating. Before I could ask what he was doing, he pulled his hands back and I was shocked to see the dress didn't sag again. I let go of the chest-line, finding that the dress had perfectly contorted itself to my body type.

     "You look beautiful, Eve!" Pain said with finality, smiling in triumph that he and Panic played a part in it.

     "High-5 for being faerie godfathers!" Panic yelled enthusiastically, throwing up his hand for Pain to smack.

     Their hands cracked together and I giggled, "You guys are life savers. Now I have to go do my hair and makeup."

     "We wanna help!" Pain said, quickly grabbing my hand and leading me back to the restroom.

     "It'll be fun!" Panic agreed, "I call hair!"

    We were crowded in the small restroom, but somehow we made it work. They made me face away from the mirror, saying I was not allowed to look until they were done. I was a bit nervous. Panic worked very tediously at straightening my hair; I could feel the hot hair as it landed back down onto my bare back after every run through. Pain had busied himself with flurrying my face with makeup. He'd focused a lot on my eyes with mascara and eye shadow and eyeliner, and although he'd done concealer and powder, it felt as if he kept it light. I was putting a lot of trust into them by keeping good to my word that I wouldn't peek, only hoping that they wouldn't make me look foolish.

     "You have very nice lips," Pain told me as I felt him drag gloss across them. I couldn't see the color. They were being very secretive, "I bet Roman thinks so too."

     A blush fanned across my cheeks, "Don't say things like that." I hope he did.

     Panic popped his head into my line of sight, "You like his lips too. You blushed."

     I made an impatient noise, "Are you done yet?"

     "Yes." Panic smiled, clicking off the straightener, "Do you wanna see?"

     "I don't know." I said tensely, "Do I?"

     I felt Pain seize me by the shoulders and turn me toward the large vanity. I was startled by my own reflection. They'd really out-done themselves, and I looked more like a Hollywood celebrity, whereas I'd been expecting to look like a clown. I wasn't expecting either of them to be that handy with beauty products. Sure, Panic had burned himself a few times with the straightener, but his final product was flawless.

     I touched my hair and leaned forward to inspect my face. Pain had done a gray smokey eye with winged eyeliner and a generous amount of mascara that made my eyelashes long and voluminous. He'd kept the lip gloss a sheer color, as not to distract from the eyes.

     "Where did you guys learn how to do all of this?"

     "At The Burrow it isn't uncommon to face paint, and we participate." Panic explained, "Your human makeup is the same principle, most humans just don't use as much color or sparklies as we do."

     "Wow, thank you." I said, suddenly beaming; I turned then, pulling them both into a group hug.

     "I'm gonna go to the ball now!" Pain said mischievously, pulling away from me, "I'm sure there are gonna be some pretty ladies there! Catch you later, Eve, I expect a dance."

     "Of course." I smiled at him as he bounded from the room.

     "What about you?" I asked, looking to Panic.