Demons Run (6) Team Sinning

Demons Run (6)

After eating, we checked out of the hotel and continued on our way. Roman said that we were going to the mall today and that he would buy me new clothes and any personal items that I lost. Which had been everything, the exception being my purse and its contents.

     Pain and Panic seemed reluctant to come with us at first, but I was interested to see how they would act in such a public place. They were both so fascinated with humans and the mall seemed like it would be a field day for them.

     Roman had checked us into a hotel that was right down the road from a mall. The mall was actually a Galleria and had two stories to it. The parking lot had scattered cars, which wasn't surprising, it was a Sunday and there wouldn't be many people.

     We parked the Sierra Grande around back and entered through Ross. It was cool, as it is in most department stores. Jewelry glittered on display tables and the scent of mingled perfumes wafted over from the draft the open door brought. 

     Clothes lined the walls and on circular racks around the room. A woman with a poofy blond ponytail and a perky smile approached us. She was wearing the store uniform with a name tag that read: "Manager: Linda"

     "Hello! Welcome to Ross, how may I help you?" She asked. I noticed her eyes were hungrily fixed on Roman. She was raking in his good looks the best way she could. 

     A hot, unexplainable spike of jealousy curled through me. I grit my teeth and grabbed Roman's hand. In the politest voice I could muster I said, "We don't really need help, we're just here to shop."

     Her eyes merely spared me a glance before she looked back to Roman. Her eyes were flirty, and so was her body language, "You know, we just got in a new shipment of clothes that are to die for. I can help size you."

     Roman smirked at her and I stomped on his foot. He barely winced before giving me an incredulous look. I flared my nostrils at him before snapping my head back to the blond; she was still eyeing him, chewing on her lip. 

     "Thanks, but I think we'd rather not take the advice from a woman who thinks wearing crocs to work is a good idea." I finally snapped, losing any civility in my tone. "And as far as sizing goes, I don't even think you know your own shirt size because realistically, that top is three sizes too small on you. Buy something that fits, because despite what the guy at the last cheap bar you went to said, it isn't attractive."

     She was certainly looking at me now, her mouth was open about half an inch as if nobody had ever spoken to her like that before. 

     I smiled briefly and victoriously at having silenced her, and began pulling Roman in the opposite direction, back to the clothes. 

     Panic rushed up to be on my other side and whispered, "What's a croc?"

     "An alligator." answered Pain in a hushed tone, "That woman was an animal poacher."

     "Ohhhh." 

     I didn't have the heart to correct him.

     "Damn, angel." Roman laughed once we were out of earshot, "Now who's the jealous one?"

     "I'm not jealous!" I said too quickly, stopping to turn around and face him in the middle of two high clothing racks. Looking past him I noticed that Pain and Panic had scampered off and were playing around in an underwear bin. "But we have to get a move on and if you would have stood there she would have been flirting with you the whole time."