Chapter 56- Backwards

Start from the beginning

The thought of him on his lips again drove Harry to stand. "I'm going for a walk, what classes do we have today?"

"Potions, charms, herbology, and muggle studies."

"I'll see you in potions, then."

"Wait! What how am I supposed to get back without your cloak?"

"Take it," he said while throwing it at her, and practically speed walking out into the corridor. Hermione turned to his notes that he left sloppily on the table. There were very few pure notes, but scribbles surrounded the entire parchment. Hearts were everywhere over phrases like "Hey, you," and "Scarface + Ferret," which she didn't really know how to react, but her heart instantly hurt.

There were their names matched up in numerous ways. A snitch fluttered in the corner with their initials within it, and lastly a small poem was written in the corner of the paper.

"And I am missing you

I wish you and I were together

That would make two

I really didn't want to write this

Because of fright, but I do miss

My idiot ferret

So don't swear it

But I know I'm really bad

But I didn't want you to be sad

I know this is really lame

But I thought it was just a game

And now I've fallen for you

And I hope you have too "
------------------------------------

Harry made it out of the castle without interruptions. One prefect speculated him, but he just let him go. Walking to the lake, the moon shined bright and was about to going into hibernation while he made his way to the mirroring water.

He sat at the bay and tried to resist looking over to the thick oak tree in the distance that connected the route to his old paradise a place he wished he could be again; but he knew he physically and emotionally couldn't handle it.

If fact the only thing that kept him mortally sane was the necklace laced around his neck, and Draco's promise to always love him, which obviously hadn't been working out.

Harry lay back in the damp sand that sent a chill through his spine, the morning already surrounding the earth. He shut his eyes and enjoyed the very few secluded seconds he had to himself, just until a voice made him jump and shoot his eyes open.

"Potter, what are you doing here," Draco bit the question in half and forced it into a statement.

The Gryffindor kept his sight from Draco's, knowing he'd break his own heart in the blink of an eye. After a log pause and deep breath, Harry finally spoke while playing with a stick in the sand, making an unknown figure. "Couldn't sleep," he half-lied. "You?"

"Is it illegal to go out, or am I just trapped in that castle as well," Draco sneered. "I was here first. And I'm still trying to find a reason why you keep following me."

"I'm not following you. My apologies, I didn't know you owned the outdoors. Now would you please stop acting like a two year old? We aren't kids anymore, " Harry said sarcastically. If the blonde was going to play this game, he would fight back, too. Draco took a deep breath and held his hands to his temples to rid the constant head ache he'd been having, which was getting increasingly worse.

"Listen, I just want to know why you are so damned obsessed with me."

"I'm not obsessed over you! I'd give anything for you of all people to leave me alone right now." Draco's attitude was making Harry's throat close, the snapping hammering his heart. He could feel a tiny spring of tears almost ready themselves to fall.