19. Saving Sonic

"W-Where am I?" Sonic says as he opened his eyes to see he was in a familiar place. Very familiar. He tries to get up but saw himself to be strapped on a metal table. Then bright light from the spotlight flashed to him as he tried closing his eyes to shield them.

"Ho ho ho! Sonic's been waking up? I thought you were dead!" A gleeful Dr. Eggman says. "Eggman?!" The blue hedgehog shrieked as he tried to get out if the straps, but only made him exhausted. "Struggle all you want, but you're not able to free yourself." The doctor says.

He pressed a button which made the table face upwards letting Sonic hang there and now facing him. He tried to free himself again.

"Oh ho ho ho ho ho! I never knew capturing you like this was this easy! I haven't tried and done this for years!" Eggman cheered. Sonic gave up as he fell exhausted looking down. Eggman then came to him and raised his chin up.

"Giving up hedgehog?"

"I won't give in to you Eggman! I'll struggle harder to get out of here!" Sonic says. The doctor shakes his head and laughs again. "My plan is working! Once I capture you Sonic, then the others would follow you, including Shadow the Hedgehog! That way, when he's here, he'll be willing to give up himself for the sake of your safety and join me, Dr. Eggman!" He explained. Sonic was a little taken back by that.

"What do you mean.... Giving himself up for the sake of my safety?"

"Hm?" Eggman hummed and his grin grew wider. "Don't you know? Shadow cares about you so much!" He says. "Why do you say that?" Sonic asked.

"Didn't you ever wonder on how Shadow acts towards you? The way he holds you and looks at you? When the time you were afraid to swim and he taught you? He never done that to you before! His smiles mesmerize you hedgehog. You haven't even noticed a thing!" Eggman explained.

"Then that means.... You're stalking us." Sonic said plainly. The doctor then turned around and a bit shocked. "What?!"

"You've been stalking us the whole time?" Sonic said now a bit cocky. "No I didn't you little imbecile!"

"Then how come you actually know what we were doing? The teach me how to swim thing? Are you stalking on us?" He asked, now grinning and raising an eyebrow. "W-What?! No I didn't! I made research about you! Observed you!" Eggman tried to explain but Sonic laughed.

"I can't believe it! Eggman is actually stalking us!" He said while laughing. Eggman's fists were shaking furiously now and face all red with anger. "Shut up you stubborn little hedgehog! I will destroy you and I will succeed!" He says as he pressed a button as a machine Ray suddenly appeared from the ceiling pointing towards Sonic.

His eyes widen as he stopped and Eggman grinned. "Say goodbye to the world Sonic the Hedgehog!" He said. Before he press fire, the walls then crashed from the background as Eggman turns around. "What?!"

There stood his friends with weapons and powers ready for action. Then came out of the smoke is the one and only Shadow the Hedgehog, holding out a green Chaos Emerald. "Ohh ho ho! I see your friends are already here, care to join your little friend here?" He said evilly as Sonic look at them. "Guys go away! It's a trap!"

"Doctor, why did you do this?" Shadow asked him calmly. "Ehem.... According to what I told Sonic, to get you to join and work for me Shadow." Eggman replied as the black hedgehog shake his head. "I won't give in to you, you buffoon." He told him final. This only made Eggman furious but he kept his calm.

"Very well then. Attack!" Eggman says as a bunch of his built robots suddenly came attacking the gang. They did their attacks. Silver and Blaze working together using telekinesis and fire, Amy and Cream with the piko-piko hammer and a bat, Tails and Knuckles using some inventions and fists, Sonia and Manic letting out their instruments and jammed music to attack. Lastly Rouge and Shadow using their skills on Gun and Shadow Chaos blasting them.

While distracted, Sonic had found his way to get out as he reached for a sharp screw driver using his mouth near him, he then began to struggle in screwing himself out of the straps.

Busy attacking for a moment, Rouge got to Shadow's side and said, "Go save your lover." She said while winking. Shadow didn't blush and just nodded as he went to the spot wher eSonic is strapped. He reached for the screw driver and helped Sonic out. "You alright?" He asked as Sonic rubbed his wrist.

"Never been better." He replied smiling as Shadow nods. "Aha!" Eggman says as he pressed button targeting for Sonic but Shadow's reflexes were fast as he shield him, the beam hitting him. "Ahhhhh!"

"Well I was aiming towards Sonic, but oh well. Shadow's much better." The fat man said. "Shadow!" Sonic shouted as Silver came by and pushed him out to safety. They huddled in a corner as they and the others watched in horror as Shadow being hit by the beam. "Aaaaauuuuugggghhhh!"

"No!" Sonic yelled, tears forming in his eyes as they fall. The black hedgehog then crouched down as his boy emitted a luminous yellow glow, not the glow of his own, the green or red, but yellow. Silver's eyes grew wide as he snatched Sonic's hand. "We've got to get out of here!" He says as he used his telekinesis to crash a metal to the wall making an escape way and the others didn't hesitate to go there.

"We can't leave Shadow here!" Sonic shouted thrashing about but Silver held him with his powers. "It's rather you stay here and die or we escape and find a way?" He asked him sternly. Sonic only stared at him blinking his eyes. Blaze went back and called out to them.

"We better get out!" She yelled. Sonic had chosen his decision. He look back seeing Eggman sending some robots after them and look at Shadow, struggling to get up. "S-Sonic... J-just go... NOW!" He yelled as the beam hit him even more and emitted a super luminous glow. Sonic then shake his head as he stood up. "Come on Silver!" He says as the two hedgehogs ran towards the escape. "Get them!" Eggman says as the robots went running about.

But the two were already outside and running in the forest. Sonic look back one last time as he is being dragged by Silver. "Shadow..." He whispered as he continued running with the others.
~*~*~*~*~*~

Eggman sat in his chair and watched his machine do its thing to Shadow. "We'll just deal with the others later. For now, this Negative Traction Beam will do its thing, being able to send out negative chaos energy in him so when he gets back to them, he's mind will set off into following my orders! He'll feel nothing but hatred and pain over everyone and they will do nothing about it! Oh ho ho ho ho!" He says, declaring his plan as Orbot and Cubot then came.

"Sir, but will this machine over heat in such energy it'll send out to Shadow?" The spherical robot said. "Quiet you! Ready the chamber of his capsule and we'll do some minor experiments onto him before sending him out. For now I will prepare a party for our victory!"

The two tinbots nodded as they went away. While Eggman is evil laughing, Shadow thought to himself. I-I... Should have told him earlier... B-but... He'll be in trouble. Tears then formed around his eyes as it fell.

I love you Sonic.