22. What happened to you

With a sounding homing attack, Sonic began to attack Eggman's prototype in a flash. At first, the robot was stumbling down at each hit. Seeing this, the doctor increased its energy levels as Sonic went for a spin attack but then it blocked it's attack with a razor sharp sword and sending him flying to a wall.

Cream had bought time for grabbing the thing. Her chao then flew over to some of the control buttons. The rabbit then observed the gem she's holding. "It's a Chaos Emerald?" She asked to herself.

She look up seeing the chao flying over. "Cheese! Don't touch anything!" She tells him but then Cheese was caught by surprise that he lose his flight and landed down on a large red button.

The blue hedgehog keeps on attacking, not having a single scratch from the attacks. But he feel exhausted, and deep within he feels like he is gonna give up. But he kept the image of his friends, even Shadow on his mind, making him have some hope for saving him and beating the crap out of this egghead.

"Giving up hedgehog? You'll never be able to find and retrieve your beloved Shadow from me cause I will use him!"

"What will you use him of then?" Sonic shouts to him from all the rambling of scraping. "Well I reckon you'd know anyway so you'll know... Now." He says as the whole place began to shake. "W-w-whoa! Whoa!" Sonic yells.

"What the-?! This isn't supposed to be happening!" Eggman yells all over from the noise. Cream held onto her chao and protect it with all of her might. Sonic got down and some of his friends got in and got down too.

Eggman got his protection on his own terms. Then suddenly they heard a large boom and the shaking all stopped. When everyone Rose very slowly, smoke and metal aroma spread everywhere and electrical wires are fizzing and burning. Everyone stopped from where and what they are doing as log as they saw a familiar figure from the smoke.

"S-Shadow?" Sonic asks, aloud and quivering. The figure stopped from his tracks as everybody held their breath. Smoke cleared out a bit and the blue hedgehog then sees the figure, and gasp at what he is witnessing in front of him.

Everyone did too.

Right in front of them their stood, Shadow the Hedgehog. But he seem to look different, and his expression to be quiet, unusual temporal but an evil smirk planted on it. His quills were straightened up and his red streaks were mixed with unusual green color and his red fur seem to be glowing unnaturally.

His eyes shone grayness and his pupils were unbelievably, glowing from bright red to dark then light again. He look at everyone with a menacing look and sent shivers from their spines. Including the one who made him like that.

"S-Shadow... W-what happened t-to you?" Sonic asks, again with hesitation. The red eyes then narrowed towards him as Shadow sends out a cold, chilling laugh that made everyone quiver. "What happened to me? Well... I've never felt better in my life!" The black hedgehog's voice boomed all over.

Amy felt like she was about to faint while Cream was gonna cry under Sonic's arms. Sonic can't move one bit but felt those red eyes penetrate right into his souls.

"Y-you don't... You don't look better! To me... And us..." Knuckles deliberately as Rouge shushes him down her face looking very scared and nervous. Shadow only chuckled which sent them chilling again. Shadow's smirk stayed but his eyes were flaring. Eggman made this his move as he shakily stands up and dusts himself.

"W-well... This is what I meant to show you! Behold! My new project!" Eggman says, his confidence in him. Everyone look at him  and glaring, mostly Sonic had fear, worry and a mix of anger in his eyes.

The newly project, eyes darted towards the old man and let out another chilling laugh, and Eggman had regretted saying what he said. "You. Old man. Cannot understand anything? Do you?" He says, voice echoing through out.

The others have to cover their ears with their hands to prevent from being deaf. Shadow walk over to Eggman and held by his collar, his eyes penetrating into the poor doctor's eyes who was as pale as an egg and was shaking rapidly. "S-Shadow! What are you gonna do to me?! I didn't made you this way! Y-you're supposed to be following me!" Eggman says.

Shadow then frowns at him and locked his eyes onto his. "I know you did this to me... You had to make me better! And I would have to thank you for that." He says as he parted his face from his then adds. "Or so I thought I would thank you." He says, then sends out a large chaos wave that sent Eggman to the wall, and making him unconscious.

Everyone in the room were blown away too, even Sonic. Who look hurt, confused, and don't know what to do. Did he really change into that? Could he still remember? But it meant nothing.

Shadow then suddenly crouched down, and let out a deafening scream, so loud that the robots around exploded and sizzles. Everyone had to cover their ears again.

The blue hedgehog saw that his friend was struggling. Struggling for what?

His quills turning back to fully black but then with green once again. His aura disappearing but then appearing. He seems to be fighting over to control his body. "S-stop! D-doing this!" Shadow yelled as he hold his head and his expression was hurting. Everyone saw what have been happening.

"You! Can't stop me! Pathetic Ultimate Lifeform!" He yells again in a deeper tone as Sonic wants to help him. "I'm not Pathetic! Y-you're pathetic you d-damn demon!" Shadow urges to crouch himself down and hold himself there. Silver then went alongside of Sonic and both of them went near the struggling hedgehog.

"S-Shadow, is that you?" Sonic asks unsure. His eyes then darts to him as it change into dark red. "He isn't here you peasant!" He shouts which made Sonic pause. Then his eyes then became lighter and showing Shadow's in control. "F-faker... Just leave me be, I have to die." He says and this made him mad.

Silver didn't have time to stop the blue hedgehog who marched up to Shadow and went infront of him. Shadow was still struggling to hold in control as Sonic stood there motionlessly, his quills swaying back and forth and looking down at him.

"Just go!" Shadow says again. Silver was about to pull him away from Shadow when suddenly, the most shocking sight came out.

Sonic then smashed his own lips to Shadow's whose eyes were wide and this made everyone freeze from their positions. Sonic's eyes were close and he did not care what everyone would react but he wants them to know how he love Him.

Shadow then took control over his body, the aura completely disappearing as his nerves calmed down and responded back to his kiss.

Then, the black hedgehog lost consciousness, making him fall and Sonic let him go, emotion not showing in his eyes and with a calm expression. Everyone then gathered around the two who stare at the black one who was out cold. They then stared at the blue one who begin to walk away.

"Let's go home, take him to my house." Sonic motions before disappearing.