4. Real feelings

Media: lesbekin.tumblr.com

After two days, Sonic haven't heard of anything about Shadow, not even coming from Rouge. He's getting worried somehow now that he asked Amy out and it might upset Shadow. None of this would happened of I hadn't asked Amy out! He thought in his head. His best friend, Tails look at him worriedly.

"Uh, Sonic, is something wrong?" He asked him as Sonic stopped to his thoughts and turned to face Tails. "It's.... Nothing Tails." He replied. "I know you're not. You've been pacing around the room for twenty minutes and it's getting me and Knuckles worried." He replied, looking over at Knuckles who's attention turned towards his hands, judging by the looks it's doesn't have any fingers.

"You're right Tails. I don't know what's happening to me. I regretted asking Amy out now." He said as Knuckles shot up. "What would you regret that? You nervous she wouldn't answer you?" He said as Sonic shake his head disagreeing. "No, not that. I didn't want her to ask me. In fact, I didn't like her that way." He replied which surprised both. "But why would you ask her out?" Tails asked as Sonic sighed.

"It's.... Complicated okay? You wouldn't understand." He tried to explain as Knuckles rolled his eyes. "You meant, you're in love with someone already?" He said. "Well— what?! No! Or...." Sonic stuttered. He wished he could just go out of this scenario right now or get eaten by the floor. But right now, his thoughts are in in his date with Amy, but mostly.... Worry about Shadow. But he's worried right?

"I'm just worried about how Shadow reacted that day." Sonic confessed. "Maybe he became jealous because you asked Amy first." Tails explained which much worried Sonic. But I thought... "Or maybe, Shadow is jealous of Amy." Knuckles said stupidly as Sonic and Tails look at him. "Uh... What?" Tails said as Knuckles shrugged. "You know... Shadow is 'jealous' because Sonic asked Amy out, because he may...." He said, trying to explain the fact to them.

"Because what?" Sonic asked. Knuckles sighed in defeat. "Gah! Nothing! Forget I said anything." He said, slumping onto his seat as Sonic's ears lowered. He wanted to hear the rest of it as Tails patted his back. "Everything will be okay Sonic. Maybe tomorrow we can see Shadow again." He said, trying to cheer his best friend up. "Thanks buddy." Sonic replied, going outside for a run as Tails look at him worriedly. He sat down next to Knuckles.

"Tell me, what do you mean by what you said earlier." He asked him. "About what?" Knuckles replied. "About Shadow being jealous with Amy instead if Sonic." Tails said as Knuckles finally said. "Alright I'll tell. But I'm not judging Sonic nor Shadow. It's like this past few days, I Always notice that Sonic, wanted attention from Shadow." He began.

"Like betting for a race?" Tails asked. "Not just that. Like, a sonic would ask him out to the arcade, or the carnival. Even the resort! Would it be like they have feelings with each other?" Knuckles said as Tails thought for a moment. "I might conclude that, you were trying to say is. Shadow likes Sonic and a Sonic would like him too?" He said as Knuckles snapped his fingers (fingers or none? 😂).

"Exactly! But it's weird though, they're like rivals with each other and they're both boys." Knuckles said as Tails shake his head, "maybe?" He said, standing up and going to his workshop while Knuckles went out back to Angel Island.