Chopper and Dr. Kureha widen their eyes when they feel a strong gust of wind blow off her and send them flying!

The wind quickly fades before the doctors can hit the wall, so they land on their butts while they keep their shocked eyes on the bed. Rose settles down, while she's still gasping for breath, as the burning pain starts fading away from her arms.

Chopper blinks at the sudden flight and slowly gets up. "What was that?"

Dr. Kureha warily stares at the girl as she looks at the arms that she applied ointment on, only to see that they dried up. "Looks like she's a devil fruit user. Whatever she did dried up the ointment on her arms to stop the burning."

She groans in frustration as she closes up the bottle. "This stuff doesn't work unless it stays applied for at least five minutes. Looks like we're gonna have to wait for her to wake up before we do any more with them. Her other injuries are fine?"

Chopper slowly nods as he keeps his innocent eyes on the sleeping girl. "Y-yea, her body temperature's been slowly rising to normal levels, and I treated all her other wounds. Is she really a devil fruit user like me?"

She shakes her head. "Her powers aren't like yours, but she's definitely some sort of monster. I'm going to check on the other two. Watch over the girls for a bit."

"Ok." He watches her leave, then goes to check on Nami's temperature. He's still astonished about how this girl suffered the five day fever. Thankfully, her skin tone is improving, so the antibiotics are working.

He replaces the rag on her head with a new one, then turns his attention to Rose, who's scowling in her sleep. If she truly is a monster like him, then it can be easy to guess that it's from a painful experience.H e looks at her softly as he goes to her bed and tucks her blanket over her torso. Once he knows that she's comfortable, he does his best as a doctor to watch over his two patients while they're resting.

***********************

It's a sunny day in New York as fourteen year old Rose sits alone, at a table in the far corner of the courtyard, on her first day of high school while she eats a peanut butter sandwich for lunch.

Once she finishes her food, she passes the time by reading the fifteenth volume of Inuyasha until the book is suddenly swiped from above. She looks up to find the perpetrator is a pale, skinny girl with short black hair, who's wearing a mini skirt, and a shirt that's short enough to show part of her stomach.

Three girls wearing similar clothes as the dark haired one in front of them smirk down at Rose while their leader scowls at the manga.

"Are you seriously still reading a comic book Rose? How are we the same age?"

All of the surrounding students in the courtyard look away from the conflict, while Rose rolls her eyes at the bully's questions. "First off, it's a manga. Second, is what I read really your business Carrie?"

"It is when you're embarrassing Marie and Laura with your weirdness! How can such amazing people like them deal with having you for a foster sister? Can't you learn to be a little more normal?"

Rose narrows her eyes at the question as she takes the book and grabs her backpack. "Maybe when there are less bimbos like you around."

The freckled girl walks away while Carrie goes to grab her, but one of her friends stops her.

The tan brunette points to the teacher that's staring at them while she whispers to her friend. "Not when there are teachers around!"

Carrie groans at the situation as she nods and watches scrawny girl leave. "Fine..."