The Cheerleader And The Cage Fighter.... Are Dance Partners? - 21

Start from the beginning

"About 20 minutes" TJ grinned, "Nice routine by the way"

"Thanks"

I looked at Liam waiting to hear his comments on it.

"What?" he asked.

"What did you think?" I prompted him.

He blatantly must have thought it was amazing seeing as he was trying to pretend that he didn't know what I was on about.

"It was alright" he shrugged.

Pffft, I knew for a fact that it was much better than just alright.....

"Why are you actually here?" I asked.

TJ pulled a face.

"I came to tell Alicia that I can't hang out tonight" he told me, looking sad.

I glanced over to where Alicia was collecting her stuff. She kept "discreetly" looking over at us.

"TJ!" I protested.

Alicia had been really excited about hanging out with him.... okay at first she'd been stressing over it but once we'd helped her to decide what to wear and what not to say she'd been really excited...

Candice had tried to put a downer on it by mocking TJ... apparently he's not "cool enough to date a cheerleader"

A sharp comment from Chelsea had shut her up.

"I can't help it!" he exclaimed, "My mum rang me while I was at the gym with Liam to say that she's picking up another extra shift"

Geeeez his mum worked a lot!

"So I need to be home in a bit to watch my sisters" he said before adding sarcastically, "Unless you know a free babysitter?"

His shoulders sagged and I could tell that he genuinely hadn't wanted to cancel.

I bit my lip, my mind whirring in overtime.

"Right TJ, you owe me" I declared, "I will look after them while you go out with Alicia"

TJ frowned.

"What?"

"I said, I'll watch them and you can go out and have fun with Alicia"

I could tell that he was tempted.

"But they don't know you..." he mumbled - more to himself than me.

Another lightbulb went off in my head.

"Liam can help" I said brightly, "They must know him"

I looked at Liam who did not look impressed at all with my suggestion.

"Have you even met his sisters? Multiply TJ's hyperness and overexcitement by a million and you're still not even close to what they are like"

Oh dear!

"I'm sure they're not that bad" I said, my tone unsure.

TJ and Liam shared a knowing look.

"It's okay" TJ said sounding miserable, "I'll just rearrange with Alicia"

"No way"" I replied, "Liam and I will watch your sisters for you"

Liam went to say something but I held my hand up to him.

"I'm running myself ragged by doing my cheerleading, dancing with your crew and staying on top of all of my homework so I think you can do me this teeny weeny favour"

It wasn't even technically a favour for me, he was helping his best friend out.

I narrowed my eyes at him so that he knew that I was serious.