Emmett wrapped an arm around my waist and lead me to the front door. I leaned into his side and snaked an arm around his torso.

"God, Ella. You're so...worldly and I've never been out of this half of the continent." He said.

"Well, I was thinking that over spring break, I'd go to Cancun and I'd need a bunk buddy other than Peter, Alana and Shawn." I said, looking at him. "If we're still together by then, I mean." He nodded slowly, chewing on his lip.

"Ella, can I tell you something?" He said and I nodded. "Your father, William, he told me that if I talk to you, he'll get a restraining order against me. If I even lay a finger on you, he'll find some way to put me in jail for sexual harassment or something."

"Emmett," I sighed.

"The worst part about all of this is that no matter what your father threatens, it doesn't phase me." He said, interrupting me. "There's just something about you, Eleanor, and I can't stay away from you, not matter what I do." He drew my closer and pressed his lips to my hair. He sounded sad and desperate, like he was saying good-bye. I pulled Emmett closer and shook my head, refusing to believe that.

"Then ignore Papa, Emmett." I whispered into his solid chest. "I like you, Emmett Larken, and I'll be damned if I let my bull-headed father get in the way of that." I felt Emmett chuckle at my words.

"Come on, sweetheart, lets go inside." He said softly, taking my hand and leading me inside. No one was awake except for Jake and Peter. It looked like they stayed awake all night by the look of the bags under their eyes.

"Where the hell have you two been?" Jake asked sleepily.

"On our date, Jake." I said with a smile. "Emmett even said we'd be home for breakfast." Peter was eyeing me like I was hiding something.

"Why are you wearing his shirt?" Peter asked.

"She was cold last night, so I gave her my shirt." Emmett said. "I didn't deflower her, guys. I swear." I giggled at his words as Jake and Peter shook their heads. The girls came bounding down the stairs with Mary right behind them. Alana attacked me first, pulling me away from Emmett and sitting me down at the breakfast table and drilling me about the date. Eventually Kenzie and Mary joined us and listened to my story. Once I finished, Jake, Peter, Alice and a stunned looking Emmett entered the kitchen. He came up behind me and bound his arms around my waist.

"You okay?" I whispered, looking up at him.

"A ten year old just gave me the most terrifying speech of my life." He said, still stunned. "She said if I even thought of breaking your heart, she'd take out my knee caps with a rusty spoon and hang me upside down by my knee stubs." I gave Alice a dirty look and she just shrugged, grabbing a yogurt from the fridge and attacking it.

"Ella, can you sing for us?" Kenzie asked sweetly, giving me her puppy eyes.

"Sweetheart, Ella and Emmett just came home, let them unwind." Mary said, grabbing a bunch of bowls and three different cereals.

"No, Mary. It's okay. I'd love to sing them a song. What song should I sing?" I asked Kenzie. She thought for a moment before answering.

"Alice's bedtime song! Somewhere over the Rainbow. The Hit Nation version." Kenzie specified. I smiled and shook my head, prepping myself for the song.

"Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh

Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh Ooh

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
And the dreams that you dream of
Once in a lullaby (Ai)

(Oh) Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
And the dreams that you dream of,
Dreams really do come true (ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh)..."