20. I become the ham in the sandwich

Dylan somehow managed to pull his face back to normal and started playing, expertly moving through the virtual abandoned houses to find enemies to kill, and Floyd held his hands to his mouth to keep the laughter in. I grabbed the headset that was lying on the bed and put it on, so I could listen in on the conversation. Everyone was complaining about not being able to find the opposing team.

"Yeah, I don't see 'em, either," Dylan said, but then someone suddenly jumped into his screen and he swore as he tried to kill him, maneuvering around the guy, shooting him in the back.

"Nice work, dude!" someone said.

"Ah, fuck, I got knifed!" another squeaked. His voice sounded like he was way too young to be playing this game (or to be talking like that), but who was I to judge?

"Let's move in from the back," Dylan suggested and Floyd snorted, before biting his lip to stop from laughing out loud, his eyes tightly shut.

Wow, Floyd... Honestly, it was quite amusing to find out that out of all three of us, the boy who seemed the most innocent had the dirtiest mind. I hadn't quite gotten used to it.

Dylan's lips twitched, but he kept in his laughter. I starting pointing out things to him on the screen, until he suddenly yelled, "Hugo, shut the fuck up. I have eyes!"

I knew he wasn't really annoyed, because I was actually helping him play better and he was grinning like a maniac, but it got the reaction he wanted. The other players complained at his shouting and one even said, "Whoa, are you trying to make my ears bleed?"

"No, I'm trying to get my friend's nose out of my business."

"You're just jealous because I'm better than you," I retorted.

He squinted, remembering when I'd pompously defeated him during one of our earliest dates, back when we still 'hated' each other, before handing me the controller and saying, "You do it then."

Floyd wrapped his arms around my waist, watching along over my shoulder, and Dylan leaned forward to look closer at the screen, as if it wasn't big enough to already see every single detail. I focused on the game and we all continued talking with the other players about the game and what strategies we should be using to win. So far, it wasn't weird to them that we were playing a solo game with three people.

And because I was so into the game, I completely forgot about the game we were actually playing. I almost jumped up in surprise when Floyd suddenly started moving his head to slowly trail soft kisses down my neck. It made a shiver run through my spine, but I kept playing, silently angling my head to give him more room. In the meanwhile, Dylan had sat closer and sneakily started stroking my legs and I could only think: this isn't exactly just making out, is it? If they kept doing this, I'd get hard.

However, while I didn't really know why, I didn't give a shit about the people on the other side listening in on what was happening. They didn't know us anyway. Dylan leaned forwards to press his lips to mine, his head turned sideways so I could still see the screen over his ear, and that's when the people in my headset started to notice.

"Are there people snogging?!" someone exclaimed and Dylan started chuckling and said against my mouth, "You bet your British arse there are." And all of a sudden, Floyd was dragging his tongue across the side of my neck and I squeaked out, "Are you licking me?"

After he chuckled, "Yes," in response, our headsets erupted in a stream of slurs and grossed out and annoyed remarks.

"Why are there a bunch of faggots playing?!"

"Go lick your boyfriend's neck somewhere else!"

"Ew, dude, fuck off!"

Craning my neck to look at the screen again—because I still sort of wanted to win the game—I shot three guys in a row, but then Dylan's hands went further up my legs and I reacted rather spastically, accidentally shooting someone from my own team.