Chapter 13

It was the last regular rehearsal before opening night of Hamilton, there was a huge rainstorm outside, and Adrien had just gotten off of stage after practising Dear Theodosia with Nino.

He pulled Nino to the side and hugged him for the longest time.

"What are you doing this for, bro?" Nino said.

"I'm sorry. Really, really sorry." He let Nino go and looked him straight in the eyes, "I've been acting like a dick for weeks and I haven't spoken to you in ages. I need to tell you everything."

Nino hugged him back and let Adrien tell him everything. At the end of his story, Adrien just said, "I'm sorry."

"Want to come to mine tonight?" Nino asked, awkwardly, "I can order pizza?"

"That would be perfect, Bro." Adrien playfully punched Nino's shoulder and they both started laughing until they were called on to stage again.

-

When the students were let out of the theatre, Marinette sprinted home, through the downpour, to finish the costumes. She had three days to finish everybody's clothes and the would freak out if they weren't perfect.

Her room was strewn with fabric and notions. She rummaged for a spare bobbin and loaded it with blue thread to get started on her own dress for the show. For some reason, Marinette had made everyone else's costumes but had almost forgotten about her own and now she had one night to make it. 

Making an elaborate costume in one night will most likely take the fun out of sewing, and indeed it did.

Marinette was half asleep at her sewing machine, which was quite dangerous considering she had a pair of fabric scissors in her hand, when she was abruptly woken by a tap at her window.

She looked over to see the regular sight of Chat Noir sitting on her window ledge. He had a huge grin on his face and one of his hands behind his back. Marinette walked groggily towards him, not taking in everything clearly. She opened the window and let him in. He was soaked from head to toe.

"Chat, can you stop coming here so late. I have things to do." she said, rubbing her eyes.

"Sorry, Princess, I wasn't gonna visit but I couldn't sleep," he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and shook off some of the water, "but I thought you might like these?" Chat pulled out a bouquet of, slightly damp, pink lilies from behind his back. Marinette took them with a huge smile, finally awake, and searched through her messy room to find a vase.

"Aren't lilies poisonous to cats?" she laughed, placing the flowers into a purple jar and throwing a towel on his head.

"I guess so," he sat on Marinette's sofa, rubbing his hair with the fluffy towel,"Um, do you need any help with the costumes?"

"I need coffee," Marinette chuckled, starting to sew again. And just like that  Chat Noir ran down the stairs to make her a brew.

When he came up again, he was carrying a tray of coffee, Mountain Dew, and cookies. Marinette immediately downed the coffee and continued to sew her dress. Chat Noir sat back down and put on some music to drown out the storm. He had done this almost every night before and Marinette's parents never woke up, so he started to hum the tune of 'Sincerely, Me' from Dear Evan Hansen. Marinette joined in and started to sing.

"I've gotta tell you, life without you has been hard," she sang.

"Hard?" Chat said.

"Has been bad,"

"Bad?"

"Has been rough."

"Kinky!" he laughed.

"And I miss talking about life and other stuff," Marinette was fully into character now.

"Very specific." and so was Chat Noir. 

They kept going back and forth until the chorus when Marinette sang.

"I'll take your advice, I'll try to be more nice. I'll turn it around, wait and see! 'Cause all that it takes is a little reinvention. It's easy to change if you give it your attention. All you gotta do is just believe you can be who you want to be. Sincerely, me!"

Then they swapped roles and Chat sung Evan and Marinette sung Jared.  and then Marinette switched back to Connor. 

At the last chorus, they were up on their feet, dancing and laughing until they fell on the floor in fits of laughter. 

It was so nice just to get away from all of the stress and everything that was going on in their lives. It seemed as if they hadn't had a break in forever, and although it was way past midnight, they felt more awake than they had been for week. 

Suddenly, they heard a knock on the trap door and a shout from downstairs.

"Marinette? Honey, are you okay?" called Sabine.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine!" Marinette motioned for Chat to hide, so he hopped out the window and perched on the window sill, out of sight, just in time. Marinette's mom, Sabine, came in.

They always say that cats have great balance, but even the great Chat Noir has his moments. The rain pounded his face  He was absentmindedly listening to Marinette improvising a cover up story for all the noise when he heard her mom ask:

"But I thought I heard two voices. Sweetie, do you have a boyfriend that you're not telling me about?"

Chat's foot slipped on the wet plastic sill and he fell, only just grabbing on with his claws. it appeared as if he had made quite a loud noise as he heard Mrs DuPain-Cheng say, "What was that?"

Marinette mouthed the word 'Shit.' before replying "Nothing! It was nothing. Probably just the storm. Bye, you can go now. There is no one here. I am the only person in my room.  Love you, bye!" She rambled, pushing her mother towards her door before running over to the window. "Chat! What the hell?!!"

"What? It's wet out here!" She helped him up and he clambered back into her room, closing the window behind him, "You seriously haven't told your parents about me?"

"Well, I think if your parents found out that you were dating a super hero and he had been sneaking in every night for weeks, I think they would be worried. They hold me on a pedestal of innocence, and I don't want to let that crumble. But," she moved in closer towards Chat, "Little do they know that I have the most amazing boyfriend on earth." 

Marinette hugged him as tightly as she could and he hugged her back. It felt like that moment would last forever.

A sudden clap of thunder made them jump apart. 

"I should go, you need sleep." Chat Noir gave her a short sweet kiss and left through the window.

-

Hello! Now you may be wondering who the hell just popped up in your notifications, but I assure you I am not a ghost and you are not hallucinating. I finally updated this after god knows how long of not updating.

No promises of more frequent updates though. I still have not forgiven the Miraculous team for the constant delays of season 2 and all the spoilers.

Anyway, thank you for 2.5k reads!!!!!!! I still have no clue why the hell yall read this.

XOXO,

Kerberos