Chapter 11

Chat Noir had gone by the time Marinette woke up. She groaned at hit her alarm as it blared for her to get up, but it didn't turn off. Marinette saw that her alarm wouldn't be going off for at least another hour or so, what could the noise be?

She looked out her window, ambulances and police cars were rushing past, everybody was shouting and hurrying for safety. What had happened?

"Tikki, Spots on!"

~

Ladybug followed the parade of emergency vehicles to the scene. The square was in absolute carnage and the battle was in full swing. Chat Noir was already fighting the villain, only just keeping them off.  Ladybug was so shocked at what she was seeing, she just stood, watching.

~

"Chloe, stop this! It isn't you!" Chat swung at her with his staff, knocking her to the ground. She shrieked, sprung back up and scratched his face. Chat hissed in pain and felt warm blood drip down his cheek. 

Ladybug heard screams and cries for help, citizens had been trapped under the rubble. She struggled to lift the heavy concrete off of them, shouts echoed around the square, ringing in her ears. 

"I can't breath!"

"Help!"

"Please! My son!"

All Ladybug wanted to do was scream. Seeing all of these people completely helpless against the villain, she couldn't take it. 

"Ladybug! Where are you going?" Chat had noticed her trying to leave. He was still holding Chloe off but only just.

"I need to take a breather!" She yelled across to him, anxiety kicking in. 

"Hurry up and do your thing, I can't do this for much longer! Hyaugh!" Chat kicked the akuma in the face. Beep Beep. "Come on."

Ladybug jumped away, sliding into a dark alleyway and de-transforming. Tikki flew out of her Miraculous and landed in Marinette's cupped hands. Tears started to cascade down her cheeks and onto the ground.

"I can't take it Tikki!" she sniffed, wiping her nose on her sleeve, "I-I don't know what came over me! I couldn't move!" 

"It's okay Marinette, you just need to get back out th-"

"No! No, it's not okay! I can't do this!" she sunk down the mossy wall and curled up.

"Chat Noir needs you! His miraculous is wearing out!" Tikki squeaked, trying to imitate a comforting voice, even though she needed to get Ladybug back on the field. "I know you need to have a break from drama, but without you, people will die!"

"That's exactly what I'm talking about, Tikki! There is too much stuff resting on my shoulders! The whole city is counting on me! I told you before, I am not a superhero! Remember what Adrien said, I can't let him go through any more pain!"

"I love you, but if you don't transform now, I'll make you," Tikki had turned on her sass and started to drag Marinette to her feet with all her might but to no avail. Sniffing, she stood up shakily and hugged her kwami, sliding a cookie to her.

"Miraculous wielders can heal faster than normal people right?" Tikki nodded, munching on a chocolate chip, "I have a plan."

Tikki hid in Marinette's purse and they walked out of the alleyway, coughing through the thick layer of dust that was being caused by the battle. Marinette made her way back towards the square, making sure not to be spotted. The police were evacuating and for this to work she had to remain a civilian.

Marinette turned, plucked up all the courage she required and shouted at the top of her lungs, "Chloe!"

She spun around and away from Chat Noir. Her face lit up in malice. Chat looked like all of his breath had been taken out of his lungs.