Chapter 7

"Adrien," Nathalie had raised her voice over the sound of Adrien's alarm, "you have a date in half an hour." 

Adrien groaned and rolled out of bed. He would start dating his new 'girlfriend' today, but he already had Marinette. The model felt like he was betraying her and himself even through Marinette was technically not dating anyone except Chat. 

Adrien's mind buzzed with confusion as he got dressed. Why did his dates have to be so early? He put on a gray hoodie with the Gabriel logo on the front, grabbed a bag from his closet and stuffed a black cat-eared hoodie with green accents into the bag. For good measure, he took some sunglasses and his light up cat ear headphones along with his iPod. 

The model arrived outside the cinema with five minutes to spare before his date came. He was in line for popcorn when he heard his name being called.

"Adrikins!" he could recognize that voice anywhere, Chloe. Adrien barely had time to turn around when the girl had wrapped her arms around him in a suffocating hug. 

"Chloe," he was taken aback by his new girlfriend being and old childhood friend, but at least it wasn't Lila. Adrien noticed Alya in the adjacent line and mouthed the words: "Save me." Alya held her hands up in surrender and had to stifle her giggles as Chloe tried to kiss him. 

"What movie shall we watch Adrikins?" Chloe hugged his arm and he picked up the ginormous bucket of popcorn, "EW! Get that peasant food away from me!" she removed herself from the boy, putting as much distance between her and the buttery snack.

 Adrien caught Alya's eye and mouthed "I'm not complaining, more for me!".

"How about we watch the Ultimate Mecha Strike movie?" suggested Adrien.

"Ew, no. Let's watch Love Actually, it's re-running on screen three." Chloe dragged him by the arm again and they sat down in the theater. 

Alya followed them discreetly and snapped a few photos. She scribbled some words on her notepad then took a seat a few rows behind the 'couple'. Before the movie started, Alya texted Marinette. 

ALYA - Adrien has a new girlfriend...

MARINETTE - WHATT?!?!?!!? WHO?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

ALYA - Chloe

MARINETTE - where are they?

ALYA - watching love actually, im behind them. if I see anything, imma stop it

MARINETTE - phew. have fun or as much fun as you can have watching Chloe desperately try win Adrien's affections.

ALYA - its starting. ill text you afterwards

MARINETTE - gtg bye! xoxo

ALYA - love ya

Alya turned off her phone when the movie started, turning it on silent and keeping an eye on Adrien and Chloe during the whole movie. It was rather uneventful apart from Chloe occasionally trying to kiss her date and Adrien finishing a whole large popcorn by himself. It would have been less impressive if Alya knew that Plagg had camouflaged himself in the darkness and had eaten half of the bucket. 

The 'couple' stood outside the cinema. Adrien remembered that Monday with Aurore and remembered how he kissed her in front of the bakery and how it made Marinette sad. But, Marinette liked Chat now so she wouldn't be bothered now. Would she?

Adrien wiped all thought from his head and kissed Chloe on the cheek. She had different ideas, however, the blonde girl pressed her lips against his. Alya caught every single bit of this encounter on video and alerted Marinette immediately.