Prologue - Asleep

We are going to tell you a story, about a girl, who woke up. Life is so fragile, it's very high maintenance, over rated, yet we're stuck with it. We grow up with people telling us it's going to get better, and that's our motivation to keep going. We live day by day, waiting for the next and hoping that today will be the day we have lived thus far for.

What happens if we reach that day? A day so perfect, nothing could ever top it. Perhaps it's our wedding day, being fixated on the small things. Worrying about our white, fancy, over priced dresses, hoping we made the right choice. Or perhaps we are freaking out about our suits, uncertain if we look better in a tie or a bow-tie, as if we would get rejected if we made the wrong call.

Or maybe we just had a day of self care. We lay in bed all day, snacking on whatever we desire. We pick up a genuine feel good book and go to town. We read for as long as our hearts desire, and once we finish our book, we read another. We get satisfaction from knowing we completed a novel, we gain the message the author was giving. We fall asleep that night and dream. We dream of the books we read, us being warped into their world. We meet the characters we read about and connected with. But what's the point? We get attached to the characters, we laugh and cry with them. But their story has ended, their book is over. They are what we call, asleep.

If we have that perfect day, what is our motivation then? What is our drive, why do we keep going? The future. The hope that something will beat our perfect day. We are selfish, we're never fulfilled. That's the problem with the human race. We think we deserve everything and anything, just because. We're so god damn entitled that we act out if we don't get our way.

In society, if we act our for not getting what we want, we're selfish bitches. If we just do what others want and never state our needs, we're pussy's. Where do you fit into these categories? Well, we'll tell you. The box that puts you into extremes set by society, that is where you fit. You're either smoking hot or just down right ugly. Obese or skinny as the average anorexic person. We know you're thinking "I am average looking. I am a healthy weight," but you're wrong. Society doesn't allow that, for that would disrupt the way they function and destroy their system. We know the truth. The secrets of society. The false security their rules give. We know about the blood on their hands, the endless cases. Yet, everyone tends to look away.

You're asleep. You're currently living within a dream. No, don't pinch yourself, we've all tried that in the past. This is a dangerous dream you're living in, and we're spectating you. You can see us, but that's just about it. You may be dream, but you can still die. Before you even get the chance to ponder on it, no, dying does not wake you up. It just confirms that you'll always be asleep.

We've seen you progress a lot. At first, you were very closed minded. We'd shutter every time a Jew was sent to a concentration camp. We cried when a brother or a sister or all the other genders is beaten and killed for the skin they wear. We were left breathless when Gays are shunned upon by society. These great warriors were pushed away from society, and those who, rather than hated society, figured out the game, woke up.

What gives you status? Your shoe game? Your yearly income? Fuck it, will that matter when you're dead? Never mind, you're asleep, you don't understand us or where we come from. Please, by any means, go out and get the most expensive shoes and never wear them. That's how status works, right? It's hard for us to explain these concepts to you. You see nothing wrong with buying expensive shoes that will never be worn, but we do. We know you don't understand what we're telling you, but one day you will. You're asleep so your eyes are closed, you can't see the truth.

It's sad, how you can not see the box you're placed within. You are restrained in and restricted to what society makes of you. We live in the moment, praying the day will never end, no matter how crappy our day is. We understand that our clock is ticking. We don't get scared knowing that with every second we are living, we are moving a second closer to death. We don't stop, we keep going. That's the benefit of being awake, we are truly living. What's the point of living if you're asleep the whole time? Once you're awake, you're aware and alert. You start to realize that stereotypes don't exist, just a rule put on upon people who are asleep by society.

The sad part about being awake is being unable to wake up the asleep. Once you're asleep, how do you wake up if you already think you're awake? Some of us try to help the asleep by becoming therapists, but society was outraged and now it's frowned upon to come to us, the awake. We want you to be awake, but it's a helpless war. The only true way to wake up is by you waking up yourself. We used to give you the tools you need to wake up, but society pushed them away.

Sad thing about all of this is you do not understand us. We wish you would wake up and one day think back on our words and understand. Truly understand the importance of being awake. Perhaps explaining her story will wake you up, help you realize the bubble you are in. Perhaps we will find the correct formula to wake you up. To wake up the asleep.

We will be watching,

The Awake