Chapter 27: Run to me

Ellie's p.o.v

       " WAKE UP!" He yells angrily, I feel his body heat. I smell the alcohol and feel the anger seeping from his mouth. I  open my eyes to him, standing over me. He slaps my stomach with intensity. I curl up, covering my stomach.

        " Just like old times," I mumble sitting up. Panic sets in, I hiss " Where's Phil?"  

        " He's safe, don't you worry," He circles around me, sitting on the chair across from me. " We let him out."  Knowing Phil, he didn't go peacefully. " We have a boat waiting for us at the dock." He whispers, sending shivers down my spine.

       " W-where are you taking me?" I choke out. 

       " A place where you can't run to your little boyfriend." He cackles. I flip his chair back, racing down the hallway. As the moonlight shown in the white hall, I could only see white . His loud excuses for footsteps stomp after me. I run down the stairs, not wasting time on the elevator. He shoots at me, I avoid every one. I don't ever want to be with him again. I slam into the glass doors bursting out of the building. I look around frantically at the crowd in front of me. No sign of Dan, Phil, Anna, Peej, Chris, no one. I have an idea where they are. The cops hit my step dad, he doesn't flinch. He keeps running for me. I push through the crowd, heading towards the pier. 

     Dan's p.o.v

          I look out at the foamy blue water, crying my eyes out. No one sees, I don't want them too. The police told us to take Phil away from the scene, he tried to run back in. Now the five of us stand in silence, the moon shining on the water. None of us left, nor wanted to move. " Dan I said I was sorry," Phil chokes.

       " I'm not mad at you mate, i'm pissed at her step dad." I whisper, not sure if he heard me.

       " I feel like it's my fault though," Phil chokes again." I didn't fight hard enough."

       " GET ON THE GROUND!" We hear in the distance, and gunshots. A silhouette appears, two following.

       " STOP RUNNING! YOU"LL NEVER GET AWAY!" A rough, hate filled voice hisses. 

       " JUMP!" She screams. " JUMP IN THE WATER!" Phil grabs Anna's hand, jumping over the side. PJ and Chris do the same, well without holding hands. I wait. She crashes into me, hugging me. Her head nestled in my chest, we hit the water. Her step dad and accomplice shoot at the water, knowing the cops aren't far behind.  Ellie dives back underneath, pulling me down with her. One we surface again, Everyone's looking at Ellie.

     " It's alright kids, they're cuffed now. You can get out." The cop looks down at us. " They're getting charged with 23 accounts of murder from earlier today. You're lucky to be alive Ms. York."  Everyone continues to stare at Ellie in awe, She just looks back at them tiredly. She just an down god knows amount of stairs, like 10 blocks, and swam right after a  major surgery. When she begins to sink, I understand why. I hold her up, swimming to the shore. Phil comes along, helping me too. We lay her on the sand, our detective walks over.

    " You guys need to stay in a hotel for a while," He pants.

    " Why?" Phil asks, I just stare at Ellie.

    " They're on the run again. They just killed two cops." He tells us. The five of us exchange looks, then nod back. " So you guys need to follow me,"

   ~*~*~ At the Hotel~*~*~*~ 

        The detective gave us 20 minutes each to get items from our flats. I grabbed most of my clothes, Ellie's clothes, and Ellie's turtle pillow pet. Phil grabbed his clothes and a miniature lion stuffed animal. Now, the six of us are in front of the poshest hotel in all of London. We get to stay here. Everyone was  excited, including me. Ellie was sleeping on Anna all the way here. Phil and I are sharing a room, PJ and Chris are sharing one, and Anna and Ellie are sharing. We step into the gold elevator. I'm holding Ellie, Anna holding her things and Ellie's, Chris is holding nothing, Phil's holding his stuff and mine, and PJ's holding Chris's and his stuff.  I snort. " Chris, why is Peej holding your stuff?"