Chapter 8: Lovestruck and questionable charm

I wake up with terrible neck pain. I seriously had a panic attack in the bath. I sigh and pull myself to my feet. I silently step out of the tub. I walk through the door, only to be greeted by more blackness. I guide myself to the kitchen with my nocturnal skills. I reach the light and silently cheer. I flick it on.

        " Turn off the F@cking sun," Someone mumbles.  I circle around the corner.

        " Dan?" I ask the lump on my floor.

        " Can we talk in about 10 hours?" Dan mumbles.

         " No," I whisper shout.  " We just fought about your girlfriend! We're talking now!" The lump begins to snore.

          " You  little motherf#cker," I huff, then turn off the light. I grab pillows and a blanket and make a bed next to Dan. " Good night."  I settle in.

          " Good night," He laughs.

          " You're an asshole," I mumble, making him laugh even harder.

   *Sleep*

     " WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?" He screams in her face. I silently watch from the top of the stairs. 

     " What do you mean?" My mother asks her raging boyfriend, Well, my step father.

     " WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE A BOY!?!?" He screams in her face. " THAT GIRL IS USELESS AND YOU GO AND HAVE ANOTHER!?!" He points at her pregnant stomach.

     " SHE'S NOT USELESS SHE'S BEAUTIFUL!" She cries out as he punches her in the stomach.   

  *End of sleep*

    I wake up screaming. I feel someones arms around me. 

       " It's Ok," He coos. " It's just a dream, shhh," Dan reassures. Candy's going to kill me. I back away, going as far away from Dan as possible. " What's wrong?" He asks, concerned.

     " I-I" I struggle with words. " I can't tell you." Dan scoots over, trying to comfort me. I inch away again. " She's going to kill me!" I panic, instantly regretting it. 

    " Who?" Dan suspiciously asks. " Candy Lynn?" His eyes widen. I nod silently, breaking down. Dan wraps his arms around me. I burry myself in his chest. I close my eyes.

     ~~~~~~

    My eyes reluctantly open. I look up. Dan's arms are still wrapped around me.  He has a smile on his face, even though he's sleeping. I get up carefully, so I don't wake Dan. I walk over to my Phone. I read the clock : 4:01 A.M.

  (1) messages

   I click on the mail box.

     *Had to cool off, went for a walk see you later--Little lion man* 1 hour ago

 I read the message. I make my way to the door. I walk down the flights and open their unlocked door.

     " H-Hey," Phil stumbles over to me.

     " Phil?" I ask, surprised. " Are you drunk?"

     " No," He keeps a strait face for about a second. " Yes." He giggles and stumbles back a bit. 

      " Why the hell did you go to a bar?" I glare at him about as long as he could keep a strait face. Then I just laughed because  he was staring at his nose. " Come on Phil lets get you in your bed." He tries to  take his pants off. I grab him hands.

      " I need to take my pants off!" He pouts.

      " You really don't," I laugh.