14 - The good and the bad.

Vanessa 🌻

"What a fucking dick, seriously I would've- shit!" I snort at Kelly's clumsiness. Through the camera, I watch as she swipes off the pink nail polish that got around the skin of her toenail.

"Punched him in the face? Kneed him in the balls? Anything more violent than that?" I roll my eyes. "Kels, you have to get out of your violent habits." I shake my head, an amused smile stretched wide across my face.

"I wouldn't be Kelly Mathews if I did, Nessa." My best friend tsks, continuing to paint her nails. I grin at that.

"No, you really wouldn't." I sigh, running a hand through my black hair. "I miss you Kels."

Kelly finishes painting her nails and stares up at the camera with a large frown. "I miss you so much more best friend." She says, and tears well in my eyes.

I don't how much longer I can go without my other half. I miss my best friend so much it hurts.

"How's Thomas?" She asks the question I had been waiting for her to ask since I called her. I lump forms in my throat, and my gaze flickers to my bedroom door.

When I got home from school, he wasn't here but after a while I'd come upstairs to my room and was doing my homework when I heard someone coming upstairs.

I didn't think anything of it, but then I heard giggles that sounded nothing like Vivian's giggles and Tom's voice.

My blood had boiled furiously and I ignored them both. Then I had heard them fucking in the guestroom down the hall when I was coming back upstairs with a glass of water in my hand.

"Fuck! F-faster! Go faster!"

And shit like,

"Oh Tom!"

The worst was,

"Oh god Thomas! I'm so fucking full!"

You could imagine how scarred I was after that. But I had wanted to go in there and beat the shit out of them both with my fucking guitar.

"An asshole, as usual." I shrugged, looking back at the screen. "Did you hear ab-"

"Cut the shit Van." Kelly sighed, her eyes growing sad as she frowned at me through the camera. "I know he's back to his old habits."

My heart sunk to the pit of my stomach, and I purse my lips, frowning. "I'm sorry Kels." Was all I could say.

She looked down at her hands and when she looked back up, my heart started to ache. She reaches up to wipe all the tears streaming down her face.

"No, it's fine. We're over anyway.." Kelly croaks, her voice cracking. "I just- it hurts you know? Do I really mean nothing to him now? Everyday, I wait- for a call from him. A text, just fucking anything to let me know that he's still thinking of me. I know he loved me when we were together, but how can he get over it so fast when my love for him feels as if it grows everyday?" My eyes water at her broken voice and a boiling anger builds in my stomach.

"I miss home Vanessa." Kelly sighs, wiping her tears. "I miss you, I miss him. I just want to come back, but at the same time I don't because seeing him with other women hurts more than being a thousand miles away from home."

A whimper leaves her lips and that's when I remembered.

The letter she gave me, I never gave it to Thomas.