||The Real Reason||

{♦}MAL'S P.O.V{♦}

Carlos has been avoiding Y/n for a few days now. Wait. Scratch that. For a months now. Y/n is still the same person everyday but one day it was different. Y/n is nowhere to be found.

She didn't even enter at least one of her classes. Then after a week she still hasn't entered. After 11 months still no avail. She submitted all of the assignments, activities and projects with help of Doug giving them to the teachers but today at lunch, Evie and I asked Doug about what was happening to her.

"Doug, what's happening to Y/n? She doesn't enter her classes anymore. We are very worried for her." I said. Evie looked at Doug with worry and held his hand.

Doug took of his glasses and gave out a sigh. "Y/n is having a fever. She accidentally wounded her arm on one of the enchanted roses." Doug replied. I have a feeling that he's lying but I shook it off.

"Can we visit her?" Evie asked. Doug nodded and placed his glasses back at his eyes. "As long as you won't tell Carlos about this. Y/n has been an emotional wreck because of him." Doug whispered to Mal and me, careful not to make Carlos hear.

"Why?" I asked. "Y/n just don't want to see him." Doug answered with a shrug. Evie and I both nodded. We saw Carlos and Jay walking towards our table.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Jay asked. "The sky of course." Evie replied sassily, imitating Jay. Jay just rolled his eyes while Carlos just kept quiet and kept looked at the floor with a troubled look.

"Carlos, tell me the truth. Why are you avoiding Y/n?" I asked. His eyes widened and he cleared his throat. "Um... I gotta.. Go find.. Um.. Dude. Yea! I'll go find Dude. See ya guys later!" Carlos said and ran away.

"Jay?" Evie asked. Jay gave out a frustrated sigh. "He's confused on whether he's in love with Y/n or if he's in love with Jane. Dude, you gotta see him cry in the bathroom like a baby! It's hilarious!" Jay replied.

"This is serious. We really have to visit Y/n. I have to know what's happening to her." I whispered to Evie. She nodded in agreement and gave me a thumbs up.

"Let's visit Y/n."

                  📄After Class📄

"Y/n, are you in there? It's me and Evie. Your brother is watching Jay and Carlos play tourney. You can talk to us. Please tell us what's wrong. We want to help." I said, waiting for her to open the door.

After a few seconds, the door clicked and opened. Evie and I looked at each other before entering the room.  We closed the door behind us and saw Y/n standing near the window, looking outside.

"Y/n?" Evie whispered. Y/n clicked back to reality and looked at us. "Oh. I'm sorry. I was thinking. Sorry." She apologized.

                   √ YOUR P.O.V √

I looked at Mal and Evie. Their hairstyles have changed. Mal was now blond and Evie had thinner and lighter blue hair. "Wow. You guys... look great!" I complemented.

"Thanks. But that's not what we're here for. We need to know what's happening to you. We're worried. Doug told us that you're sick but you're clearly fine right now. What's happening?" Mal asked.

I sighed and sat on the bed. "I know Doug told you that I was sick and I don't want Carlos near me." I started. Mal and Evie nodded and sat beside me, placing their hands on my back, caressing softly.

"Well the truth is, I... I feel like I don't deserve to be here in Auradon. I feel like, I'm too weak to be here. I... I don't even know why I'm in your group. You guys are famous and... fantastic. I'm just... Y/n." I explained.

After that, Mal and Evie's mouths were agape. Then their expressions became slightly mad. "Y/n, I want you to never say that again. How could you!?! You are the most kind, smart and loving person we have ever met. Heck, Auradon doesn't deserve someone as kind as you! You deserve more. You deserve so much more." Mal replied.

Just by saying that, made me tear up. "You guys are the best people in the world." I murmured, laughing a bit. They joined the laughter and hugged me tightly.

"So... Mal, how was your month? I only saw you today and I need some juicy news from you." I joked. Mal rolled her eyes playfully and gave out a frustrated sigh.

"Life is miserable. I feel like I'm caged. Reporters are everywhere. Left, right and center. Always asking me about what it's like to be Ben's girlfriend and all of those things. And they even made me change my violet hair color to this... stupid blond hair and wear stupid royal dresses. I'm just....  exhausted." Mal replied.

I frowned. "What are you planning to do?" I asked, placing an arm on her shoulder. "Well... I– I'm planning to go back to...." Mal stopped. "To?" Evie asked. Curious about what she was going to say.

"...to.. go back to the lake! You know. The lake which Ben and I first dated? Yeah. It's a very calming place. Evie looked at her seriously for a second before nodding. I sighed and pursed my lip before saying,

"Whatever your decision is, please be careful. I don't want you getting hurt. And if what your planning is dangerous, Be safe. I don't want to lose a very great friend." I whispered.

She smiled and hugged me. "Thank you so much Y/n. You're the best." She whispered. "Mal, we have to go. The boys are asking everyone one here we are." Evie said.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Alright?" I asked. She nodded and gave me one last hug before leaving. "Bye Y/n." Evie said before closing the door. When the door closed, I groaned as I plumped on my bed.

"I just hope that Jay and Carlos are not mad at me for not entering class for so long." I muttered to myself before reading Doug's science book again.

A/n: Hi guys! I'm sooo sorry. I have read all your comments. I'm happy that you're enjoying the story. I couldn't update because Wattpad deleted half of the contents of this chapter. So.. I'm sorry. But don't worry. I will update. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! I'll see you at the next one! Byerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!★