Jon Snow X Reader - Pretty Little Thief.

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, M'Lord," you spluttered, your mouth hanging open as you just stared up at the older man.

*Time Skip*

You first met Jon Snow when you were working in the Kitchens one morning. He had come in with his youngest brother, hoping to find themselves a snack from the head cook, but had quickly been told off. You decided to sneak them something, slipping some of the biscuits you had been plating up into the pouch on your apron and excusing yourself to use the restroom. Once you were back in the halls you called after the boys, hurrying to catch up before handing over the goods.

"She can be a hard nut to crack, but she is the best cook in the North," you told them as Rickon stuffed his tiny face with a biscuit.

"Thank you, miss, he gets restless without a snack," the older boy told you causing you to chuckle lightly at them.

"My sister gets the same way," you quickly added, before turning to leave, giving them a small wave over your shoulder.

*Time Skip*

The next time you were graced by Jon Snow's presence was during the royal visit to Winterfell. You were taking the food scraps out to the children's Direwolves when you saw him talking to the Imp in the grounds. You remained quiet, slipping into the stables and feeding the wolves, giving the white wolf a quick ear rub. He was always your favourite, and he seemed to enjoy your company too, quickly coming to your side whenever you came near him.

When you exited the stables the Imp was nowhere to be seen, but Jon was still there, resting against a wooden stake that had been hammered into the ground long ago. "Hello again," he spoke up, his voice gruff and tired.

"Hello," you greeted quickly pausing in your walk to look at the boy. He looked exhausted and bored, standing on his own. "What are you doing out here?" you asked as you came to stand in front of him.

"Lady Catelyn doesn't want me in there, the presence of her husband's bastard may offend the King and Queen," he told you and you frowned at his words. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so rude about her; she's been good to you," he added and you chuckled.

"It was Lord Stark who gave me my position here, not his wife," you told him with a smile. "Feel free to continue," you added causing him to chuckle.

"We're going to be good friends," he joked and you let out a small laugh.

"That's unlikely, M'Lord," you muttered. "People like yourself aren't usually friendly with people like me," you told him, before hoisting your bucket higher in your arms and turning to leave.

"What do you mean 'people like me'," he asked, his brows furrowed as you continued to walk away from him.

"Don't forget your titles, Lord Snow," you called back to him before going back into the kitchens.

Jon came to the kitchens as often as he could after your conversation in the courtyard. With every visit he would offer his assistance and he would hover until the head cook would chase him out, muttering under her breath about the boys interruptions. It didn't seem to stop him however, and every day he would appear at the door, and his eyes would lock on you until you looked up at him, leaning in the doorway with a smile on his face. It was a few weeks later when you finally gathered the courage to talk to him.

"Can we help you, Lord Snow?" you asked, not looking up from the dough you were kneading on the surface.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," he told you, taking a few steps into the kitchen and looking around for the head cook.

"She's not here, she went to the butchers in town," you spoke, finally lifting your eyes to meet his with a smile.

"Thank the Gods, I don't think she likes me," he joked and you rolled your eyes at him before returning them to the work in front of you. The room remained silent for a moment whilst he just watched you working.

"Is there anything I can help you with? She won't be gone much longer," you told him with a small smirk etched on your lips as he began to wring his hands together in front of him.

"I just want to ask you if you'd like to go for a walk with me," he stuttered out.

"And it's taken you two weeks to ask me?" you questioned, chuckling when his face turned red. "I'm just teasing you," you told him before continuing, "And I would love to but i'm busy," you added.

"Oh, of course, I'm sorry for bothering you," he stuttered again, causing you to smile as you grabbed his arm in one of your flour covered hands.

"Maybe tomorrow, I wont be working then," you told him gently and a smile danced onto his lips.

"Of course, I'll see you tomorrow," he grinned before quickly leaving and heading to tell Robb and Theon of his date with the pretty kitchen girl.

Please consider supporting me for just £3 using Ko-Fi. The link is available on my profile page. If you have any questions about Ko-Fi please feel free to private message me. Thank you. L x