twenty eight - real life

"I'm done with the deal. I'm sick of it. I'm over people telling me who i can't or can date. It's my life. I don't care if it's for publicity. Please Simon. For me" Zara begs to her manager.

"Zara, it's only been a couple weeks and plus you signed the contract!" He says.

"Please Simon, put yourself in my shoes. Yes i love Jai and i always will but he's not the one and he knows it to. This is all getting out of hand" Zara plead. He sighs.

"Fine but you need to tell Jai" He says. Zara smiles widely knowing she doesn't have to lie anymore.

"Tell me what?" Jai suddenly steps in. Why is he here? Zara wondered.

"Jai, we don't have to fake date anymore" Zara says happily. He stays silent for a moment and looks down. "Oh" is all he says.

Zara sighs and walks towards Jai. "Jai, i love you and i always will. But we both need to move on" Zara says placing my finger on his chin to lift his head up. He looks at Zara with glossy eyes.

"I'm so stupid for letting you go" Tears start to stream down Jai's face. Zara wipes them with her thumb.

"I love you. Forever. It just doesn't work Jai" Zara croaks with her tears falling. Zara's first love. All she was feeling was sadness and hurt. She could feel her heart shattering.

"I love you and i'm sorry. I will never forget you. Please don't ever forget me. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me despite what i did to you and i don't think i am able to forgive myself for that. I'm so sorry." Jai says, his voice cracking at the end. Zara blinks her eyes to hold the tears back but it didn't work. She presses her lips with Jai's as they move in sync. Their kiss for one last time.

"I'm sorry to. I love you Jai. I hope you find someone happy" Zara says after letting go. Zara grabs her stuff but just as she does, Jai says something. Something that shocks her and even her manager witnessing the emotional moment that's about to become more of a longer rollercoaster ride.

"I'm sick" He whispered. Processing what he just said, Zara slowly turns around to face Jai.

"What?" She whispered. Jai wipes his tears. "I have lung cancer" He croaks. "Jai" Zara sobs. She engulfs him in a hug as she cries on to his shoulder.

"Jai, i'm so sorry to hear that" Simon says sincerest after we let go. Now that Zara thinks about it, he looks damn tired. He looks a little more pale, his eyes are droopy and purple around.

"Thank you sir. Zara, i'm getting chemo tomorrow and i want you to come with me"

"Of course, i'll come with you Jai" Zara answers, never ending tears strolling down.

"Okay, i'll see you tomorrow, we'll come pick you up" He says. Zara nods and leaves the building.

-

AW POOR JAI :( I BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT, AYE?

JARA OR CORA?