thirty one - real life

ZARA'S POV

"Zara, there are some guests here from you" One of my security says from outside my bedroom. I quickly wipe away my tears with a tissue. I walk out and see Cole and the others sitting on the couch in the lounge room. Why are they here? I didn't ask for them to come and now is not a good time.

"Wh-what are you guys doing here?" I ask joining them from the couch. The others put their attention to me and Cole stands up, "We wanted to check if you were alright"

I sniff and rub under my nose, "I'm fine" I say sternly.

Madelaine stands up and says, "Woah Zara, are you sure? You don't look or sound fine" She says as she lays a hand on my arm.

I take her hand off me, "I'm fine!" I snap. The others look a bit taken back. Everyone stays silent.

Calm down Zara, they're good friends and are just checking up on you.

I sigh, "I'm sorry Mads, i'm just going through some shit" I say as i join them on the couch. I sit next to Cole and Casey and the others on the other side.

"Do you want to tell us?" Lili asks softly. Should i tell them? Will Jai be mad at me? Will Simon be mad at me? Will they tell anyone else?

Fuck it, it's over now. They deserve to know.

Debating whether i should or not, i figure I should. I take a deep breath. "You know how Jai and I got back together?" I ask first. Everyone nods.

"We didn't actually get back together" I say. Everyone glances at each other confused. "It was a publicity stunt. Of course the first time, Jai and I dated, it was obviously real. But this time, my manager wanted us to fake get back together" I say.

"Damn it, i'm so sorry about what i said to you" KJ apologises as he shakes his head.

"No KJ, it's fine! You didn't know, no one did. I kind of expected the hate anyways" I say.

"And then what happened?" Cole asked. I look at him, his face was so curious to what happened. Wanting to know the full story.

"I couldn't lie to everyone so i talked to Simon a couple weeks later and begged to break the contract and he finally gave in. Jai suddenly walked in so i had to tell him that we didn't have to fake date anymore. He got really sad and then we had an emotional moment and then" I say as i get to the part that hurts me even more to say it out loud, more teats start streaming down. I bring my knees to my chin as i hug my lower legs.

"And then what?" Camila asked.

"He told me something that i did not expect. Something that completely changed everything. Something that i can not stop thinking about" I say more quietly.

"What is it Zara? You can tell us anything" Madelaine says. I shake my head and let out a sob. Cole strokes my back in circular motion.

"He-he's sick" I let out. No more tears are streaming. I've run out of tears. What i said just shocked everyone.

"Oh my god" Lili says.

"What type?" Casey asks.

"Lung, he's getting chemo tomorrow and i'm coming with him but i-i don't think i can do it" I say.

"Hey hey, Zara, you're gonna be fine. You and Jai can get through this. Okay?" Cole says. I nod and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you guys, i love you" I sniff.

"We love you to" KJ smiles. "We're here for you no matter what" He says in his adorably cute accent.