Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I walked into the kitchen where Mom was drinking some coffee. "Mom, can you kick River out?" I asked.

"Why? What did he do?"

"He corrupted Genius. Genius loves River more than he loves me and I don't agree with it. He needs to leave."

"Well, that's rude," River said as he walked into the kitchen with Genius following. That was all my pet duckling did. Follow River around. I even tried holding Genius, but he would just go over to River.

That mean duck.

"I'm not talking to you," I said, crossing my arms and looking away from River.

"Well, that's even ruder," he said.

"Good, it was meant to be."

"So much for not talking to me."

I glared at him and he just gave me a smile. Stupid River for stealing my pet duck and being so cute about it.

"I don't like you anymore," I said.

"That's ruder than rude. That's....so rude."

"Wow, what a nice word."

"It's not my fault I dropped out of high school, so I don't have a high vocabulary. So, want to go out?"

"No."

"Holly, you're daughter's being rude to me," River said. "I'm really hurting now."

I was really trying my best not to smile because I was mad at River. I just really liked how he had a great relationship with my mom. He was still a bit wary of my dad, but that was only because he was a police officer and was trying a bit too hard to intimidate River.

"Arden, stop being rude to your boyfriend," Holly said.

"No. I'm mad that he stole my duck."

River shrugged and bent down to pick up Genius. "Isn't that a good thing?" he asked. "That your pet duck loves me a lot? You could have gotten a boyfriend that hated your duck and demand you get rid of him."

"I'd rather have a boyfriend that liked my duck, but didn't steal him from me," I said.

"Don't worry, he'll love you again," River said. "Probably. You'll have to compete with me and I'm an extremely lovable person. I am serious, though. I want to go out somewhere because I am extremely bored."

"Well, where do you want to go?" I asked.

"I don't know. Anywhere."

"How about the movies? I get a discount for working there."

"Ooh, the sounds fun. I haven't been to the movies for a while."

"Then that's where we'll go."

"Have fun," Mom said. "As much fun as you want. Go drinking for all I care."

"Mom, you need to work on your parenting skills," I said.

"No, you need to work on your fun skills."

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen. River out Genius down, then followed me to the front door to get ready to go. But, of course, Genius had to follow River. Why couldn't my duck love me anymore?

After we were ready to leave, we had to quickly walk out the front door and close it behind us so Genius couldn't follow.

We got into my car and I drove to the movies. While I was trying to find a parking space, I saw a very recognizable car. Peggy's.

I sighed and pulled into an empty spot, hoping that it was someone else's car that just so happened to have the N sign positioned in the exact same spot she had hers in and who had the exact same license plate.

Who am I kidding? Of course it wasn't possible for it to be someone else's car.

I was now hoping she would be in another building and not the movie theatre.

She wasn't.

She and Colette were the first two people I noticed when River and I walked into the theatre. "Can we leave?" I asked.

"Aww, but I want to watch a movie," River said. "Don't let her control your life."

"But she's annoying."

"Yeah, I know, but still. I don't want to see her face."

"Just think, you get a discount. She has to pay the full price of all the movie theatre food."

"True...."

"Then come on," he said, grabbing my hand before pulling me to the lineup. Right behind Peggy and Colette.

They both turned around and Peggy raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here? Stalking us?"

"Yes, totally," I said. "The only reason I came to the movies with my boyfriend was just so I could stalk you because I totally knew you were coming here."

"I posted it on Facebook."

"Right, because I make sure I know what you're doing every second of the day. Get over yourself, Peggy. Nothing I do revolves around you, so stop thinking it does."

"Whatever," Peggy said before she and Colette faced forward again. I really wish they would stop.

___________________

My dad told me to get out of bed at noon and that he gets mad of me always laying in bed. Bruh. 1. My six year old sister was up so early yelling and screaming and crying for no reason so I was tired. And 2. I GOT THE CRAMPS, SO I CAN LAY IN BED IF I WANT. 

Lol. cx