Chapter 13

Chapter 13

When I got to school on Monday, I immediately spotted Peggy and she glared at me. I didn't know why she was so mad at me, so I just gave her a simple smile before walking towards my locker.

Shortly after I opened my locker, Ronnie walked up to me. "So, Peggy talked to me when I got here," she said. "She's trying to turn me against you."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really? What is her problem with me, anyway? She got what she wanted. Being the head cheerleader. I haven't done anything else."

"Who knows?" Ronnie said. "It might be because everyone is talking about how you helped an innocent guy get out of jail and how you're a real hero."

"Are people actually saying that?"

"It's what I've been hearing. She just wants all the attention. Anyway, remember that pact we made at the beginning of the school year? How we'll all go to prom together and even have the same color dresses?" I nodded. "Yeah, well, she tried convincing me to go dress shopping with her and Colette so we can get matching dress."

"Wait....Is it almost prom?"

Ronnie chuckled. "Yeah. It's in three weeks. I'm surprised Peggy and Colette has waited so long to get their dress. Normally, Peggy likes having her dresses two months before the dances."

"Right," I said. "She always insisted on us going shopping for homecoming during the summer. I can't believe I forgot prom is almost here."

"Well, you have been busy," Ronnie said. "You going to get a dress soon?"

"I'll probably end up going next week, or even the week before prom," I said. "I spent a lot of money hiring Marilyn, so I'm going to save up a bit more before looking for an actual prom dress."

"Or you can just not go," Peggy suddenly said from behind me.

I turned around, seeing a smirk on her face. I didn't get her at all. I hadn't done anything to her. She was the one who decided to be a horrible friend to me and Ronnie. "Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not going to be missing out on prom," I said. "I'm surprised you don't have a dress yet."

"Colette and I are going tomorrow," Peggy said. "You should join us. You won't be able to afford anything, but we can always use a third opinion."

I snorted. "You really think I won't be able to pay for my own dress?"

"Well, you did spend a lot hiring my mom as a lawyer," Peggy said.

"So?" I asked. "Your mom is going to be buying your prom dress considering you don't work. I actually want to pay for my own, and if I asked my parents, they would by one for me."

"Too bad they don't make as much money as my mom," Peggy said.

Peggy was really not making any sense at all.

"What are you talk about?" I asked. "My mom is a high fashion model and makes at least one-hundred thousand dollars annually, plus my dad's salary is probably at least double your mom's. You really need to work on your trash talk, because it's just not working. Now if you'll excuse me and Ronnie, we're going to head off to class."

Peggy and Colette still didn't stop trying to act like they were all that. Throughout the whole school day, they were constantly approaching me and Ronnie and trying to compare everything they owned to everything we owned.