| FIVE: BAD NEWS

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Something that Caesar seems to like," Cevira continued, "I mean, Arithmancy and Ancient Runes? Sounds like the boy has a death wish."

"Or just wants to sound better than everyone else," Amandla smiled before imitating Caesar, "Look at me! I'm Caesar and I only take the hardest classes – like Arithmancy and Ancient Runes! I'm better than you!"

The two friends burst out laughing after that, finding that mocking Caesar was better than realizing that they were just terrible in school. It wasn't always Caesar, sometimes it was others since the two loved to complain. It was their morning pastime since they didn't allow themselves the luxury any other time of the day.

"No, no, no," Cevira said in between her laughter, "He's more like this; I'm not that smart. I only take the hardest and most challenging classes and pass them with flying colors – I barely even study for them because they're so easy. But I'm not that smart, right?"

Amandla nodded, smiling at her friend. That was something she loved about Cevira; she always knew how to make her smile. Without fail, the Stature girl could always make the rough times easier with a simple joke or attempt of one. Even on the anniversary of her parents' deaths, Cevira was there to comfort her and ease her sadness with poorly timed (and poorly said) jokes. And that was all she could ask for in a friend.

It was then that Umbridge, with all her pink clothing, walked into the hall, causing all talking to seize. Most stared at her with disgust as she went to take a seat with the other professors, standing out greatly as the other professors wore darker clothing.

When she sat down, the talking continued. Cevira groaned again, louder than last time, "And then there's History of Magic. I absolutely loath that class."

"It's not that bad," Amandla laughed, and Cevira continued to complain about it as Corey, with a red face, came over to them. By the state of his face, she could tell that he was angry.

"She had gotten on my last nerve," Corey said through gritted teeth, sitting down next to Cevira. "I just – I can't believe her. I mean, why her out of everyone in the Ministry!"

"Umbridge?" Cevira asked, her face shaped with confusion as her eyebrows furrowed and lips tightened. Corey only nodded, passing over the photo that Collin Creevy and taken earlier that day.

Ministry Passes Educational Decree Number Twenty-Three: Dolores Umbridge Appointed Hogwarts High Inquisitor.

Cevira read the words aloud in disgust as Amandla looked at the photo intently. She read the bottom of it, seeing that, as High Inquisitor, she had the right to inspect teachers and fire them, her eyes widening as she read it. Now she knew why Corey was mad when they read it.

She played a list in her head of all the teachers at the school, and who Umbridge might fire; McGonagall at the top of the list. Everyone knew she was closest with Dumbledore, even an idiot could tell you that, and she was fierce and stubborn. She would not let Umbridge stealing her power lightly; she would put up a fight. And Amandla guessed that Umbridge didn't want that, and would do anything to quiet her.

And then, as if it couldn't get any worse, the birds carrying mail flew into the hall. Amandla, at first, didn't think anything of it. She never got any mail, and neither did Cevira. Her mother never cared enough to write, but the feeling was mutual. The only child who stayed with the Stature family that kept in touch with Anastasia was Caesar; her prized son. The only time they ever received something from Anastasia was when they were doing something wrong.

"I bet she's going to get rid of Trelawney first," Corey bitterly said, "She's my favorite! All crazy and messed up! Reminds me of home – and now she'll be gone. All because of Umbridge."