Chapter 9

Jughead POV
I was crying in to Betty's pastel coloured jumper. The tears felt like acid, burning my skin with every tear that fell from my eyes. With the realisation I was homeless again, my tears grew bigger, I didn't know where I could go tonight. Betty's was out of the question as her mum has a "strong dislike" for me. With the drive in closed down, I thought about under the stairs at our very own Riverdale High school. The dreaded place everyone impatiently waits to leave when that final bell rings. Obviously Betty saw me in deep thought and caught on to what I was thinking "Juggie, where are you going to stay tonight?"
"I don't know Betty, I'll figure it out though, thank you for the comfort, errr I'll speak to you soon"
And with that I walked out. I couldn't tell her. I couldn't tell her I was homeless. She would make me go stay with her, which I really couldn't do.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Betty's POV
Something was wrong. Other than Jughead's dad trying to kill me multiple times. Something was wrong, with Jughead. The way he was when he left, he sounded like he was hiding something. I decided to text Archie. Archie Andrews. Jughead's best friend, surely he would know what's up with him. I text Archie asking him if he knew what was up with jughead. He replied instantly and said he doesn't know what's up with him, but may know where he has wandered to.

Archie picked me up a few minutes later.
"Arch, where are we going?"
"We are nearly there, it's better I show you.."
And with that we silently walked up to the doors. I will be walking through again tomorrow.

Jughead's POV
I was lying down, reminiscing everything's that happened in the little "room" I know temporarily live in, when suddenly i heard the front doors of school open. I've always wondered why school was left open at night, but I can't exactly complain. I didn't hear any voices only footsteps getting closer. I thought I was busted. They will find me, they'll call child services. My life be more messed up than it already is.
But thankfully when the door opened, there stood a red haired figure and a blonde, I instantly knew who they were and felt ashamed that Betty had to see me like this.
"Juggle, why are you here? I should of let you stay with me, this is all my fault"
"It's not your fault, your mum would never allow it anyway, I'm fine"
Suddenly Archie spoke
"Jug, get your things your staying with me, my dad would love to have you"
"Arch, its fine, I'm fine"
He didn't let me say no, he demanded I came with him. After a few moments of debating what to do, I decided to just go with Archie. It's better than anywhere else I could have ended up.
--------------------------------------------------------------
We walked through the door to Archie Andrews's house, Betty was about to leave, when archie says
"Betty, stay for a bit, we will only be watching a film, join us"
She cheerfully replied "okay" with a smile that lights up any room no matter the atmosphere.

It was a few hours later after the film had finished, Betty was snuggled into my arm half asleep. She looked so peacful. I laid a soft kiss on her forehead. She started to stir from her half awake half asleep moment and looked and me and softly yet passionately kissed my lips. I didn't hesitate to kiss back. We had a mini make out session, until we were interrupted by Archie who coughed awkwardly before walking in to the kitchen asking if we wanted any drinks. I just replied
"It's okay, I'm just going to get my comfy clothes on, be back in a minute" and with that I left the room.

Betty's POV
I was still flustered from Archie interrupting mine and juggies little make out session. I decided to go talk to Archie in the kitchen. I entered the kitchen to see Archie leaning against the counters in the middle of the room drinking straight out of the milk carton.
"Thanks for letting juggle stay here by the way"
"No worries, he's my best friend and I would do anything for him"
"I'm just worried about him, and his dad, what if he never forgives his dad, this is all my fault"
Archie stepped towards me, grabbing my face in his hands, I suddenly realised we shouldn't be in this position. But months ago I would have died to be with Archie, but now, I only want jughead. He moved his face closer to mine. Millimetres away from my lips. He spoke and I felt his warm breath against my lips
"This is not your fault, don't you ever think that, don't blame your self, I should have been there for you a few months ago, I should have been by your side, to hug you, to tell you it's alright, to kiss you.."
Before I could process what he said, his lips where on mine, and jughead was standing in the kitchen doorway, red faced, angry and hurt.

Sorry haven't updated in a while, hope you enjoyed the chapter