Chapter 3

Jughead pov
I didn't leave the hospital for two days. The doctors said that Betty would recover, but she hadn't spoken a word since she woke. Her face seemed pale, empty. I refused to give up on her though, as her mother had done.

Just 2 hours Betty's mum has spent at the hospital, she didn't give two shits whether Betty lived or died. It made me furious. A cold rushing through me like never before. My Betty. My green eyed bets. How dare anyone hurt her.

The police were no better. They couldn't do anything until Betty decided to speak, the officer had said, after I spat in his face that he didn't care. Everything made me angry. The broken look in the one I loves eyes, the uncaring glare of her mother, the thought that someone had the audacity to harm my Betts. I'd never lost control like this, never.

Betts spoke for the first time in two days. I was sitting by her hospital bed, fiddling with a peace of her hair that had fallen out of her messy braid that Veronica had given her the day before. I felt the shift in the bed as she moved to look at me. Hope sprung in my heart when I saw the slight shine in her eyes.

"Juggie" she whispered, tears gleaming in her eyes. Concern rippling through me I reached to cling to her hand.

"I'm here Betts, I'm here" I sighed, glad she was speaking once more. I was shocked to find that even though her face was littered with bruises and her face was sunken she was still beautiful. Even from the beginning she was the most beautiful women I'd ever seen.

"I-" Betty broke off. Sobs beginning to wrack her body. The bed jumping from her shaking. I didn't even think when I leaned over and pulled her head to my chest, cradling her body as she cried. It took all my will power to hold back tears of my own. My Betts. The sweet girl next door. Was now sobbing in my arms.

That's when I realised. When I realised that for Elizabeth cooper I would do anything. I would be her rock. Her savour. Her friend. Her lover. Because I, jughead Jones, loved my Betty more than I loved life.

Try update as soon as I can