08

not edited x

two boys in one apartment. only one was still sleeping.

and it wasn't the one you'd expect.

jimin was in bed, getting his "beauty sleep" while yoongi was throwing clothes all over his room, trying to find something to wear.

he didn't know why he was being so particular about what he would wear nor why the hell he woke up at 7 am to get ready when brunch was to be ready at 10.

but here he was, trying to look good. for who? he doesn't know yet.

after picking to wear just all black after what seemed like hours. yoongi rushed into the bathroom before jimin woke up to take a shower.

his hand rested against the wall as he let his head fall, the steaming hot water pouring down his back, just the way he liked it. he used his more expensive shampoo and conditioner that he only used for special occasions and washed his hair throughly. the vanilla smell prominent to anyone near him.

it was a habitat to purchase an every day hair product and then one for special occasions from his mom. she always did this because she said it made her feel better and more prepared when it came to important things she was particularly nervous about, "at least i used my good shampoo," she would say. yoongi never bought the satisfaction she claimed it to have until then he started to do it himself.

hasn't stopped since then.

after he finished and got dressed, he stared at the foggy mirror portraying his messy, wet hair. he tried combing it but it wouldn't go in the right direction so he just shook his hair and dried it with a towel. he decided he was just going to just leave it like that but his insecurities beat him as his eyes wandered over to jimin's blow dryer on the counter.

hmm...

yoongi walked out of the bathroom, hair styled, and all dolled up.

after cleaning his room from the mess he had created, he sighed, flopping back on his black duvets, taking his phone out of his pocket. his eyes adjusted to the screen as it read 9:18.

groaning, yoongi wondered why he got up so early in the first place before pacing around the room, deciding what to do.

he paused from his stride, she's probably already awake, right? she should be since she said everything would be prepared by 10. should i just go over and see if she needs help?

with a nod, yoongi decided he would do just that as he put his phone back in his pocket, and took his key.

walking out, he locked the door before heading over to building next to him, his nerves starting to show up in his sweaty hands. walking up the steps, he smiled at all the little pots of flowers and different plants she had surrounding the door, sunflowers being the most prominent flower placed in each pot.

after observing for a little, yoongi finally gathered up the courage to ring the giddy girl's door before turning away, scratching his neck.

he heard a familiar voice shout, "coming!" as some shuffling could be heard. yoongi heard the door open as he turned around, his anxiety boiling even more.

once he turned, his eyes widened as his eyes landed on a confused jem, holding that damn smile that got him, nonetheless.

she was holding a bowl with a whisk in it, her eyes looking at the watch in her wrist, "you're early?"

but he was lost in thought as his cheeks got warm at her outfit.

not because it was short and revealing, but because it was the exact opposite that got him riled up.

she was wearing a dusty rose, long sleeve blouse with a matching brown sweater that touched the bottom of her skirt- her skirt because a little over knee length skirt, decorated with little sunflowers.

he swears he has never seen anything cuter.

for him, he found her bouncy curls adorable and how her bare face was enough with just her radiant smile.

"yoongi?"

the poor drooling boy snapped out of his gaze, as his hands became shaky. he looked up at her confused eyes. she asked, "are you okay? you were staring into space for a good minute."

shaking his head, embarrassed, he waved his hands, "hah...hah. i'm good."

jem smiled before ushering him in, "come in, it's cold! why are you here early?"

yoongi took of his shoes and placed them neatly at the door before responding while looking in the other direction of jem, "i just thought you needed some help. i was already awake anyways. couldn't asleep."

he could feel her bright smile without looking at her, as she turned around and walked towards the kitchen with the bowl in her hand, "that's so nice of you, yoongi."

following her into the kitchen, he noticed the amount of plants she had placed all over her apartment.

she was definitely a plant lover.

"how are you, yoongi?"

again, yoongi had to be snapped out of his daze as he stared at her glowing bare face once more. he's never seen her without her pretty makeup, her artistic skills always showcasing itself onto her face, but today he witnessed her without anything.

he realized smiles truly did make a difference and were the best makeup product he has even
seen.

"what do you keep staring at?" jem asked, puzzled as yoongi's eyes widened as he realized how much he was staring. she put the bowl down and look in a nearby mirror next to the fridge.

she gasped before turning back around to yoongi, "i don't have makeup on! i forgot! my acne scars must be happy!"

jem covered her face with the palms of her hands but before she could leave the room, yoongi shouted, "wait!"

turning around with her covered cheeks, jem's eyebrow rose slightly, "yes?"

with a blushing face, he blurted out, "you look beautiful!" his voice lowered almost into a whisper, "i didn't even notice your acne scars because... your smile makes your face glow."

looking up from ground, yoongi saw jem moving her hands away from her cheeks before that goddamn grin slowly spread across her face.

that's when they realized they were both goners.