Part Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Louis croaked out, "Egghead, no, don't I at least get a kiss goodbye?! Please!"

The lead agent turned around then, unable to keep up the act much longer, "It was my turn to trick you. You didn't seriously think that I was going to leave my Shakira without making sure he had company first, did you? And you thought I would actually leave without a goodbye kiss?! What kind of man do you take me for?"

"One with an Egghead," Louis squeaked, but then reached for Harry's hand. "No, I'm sorry! I'll try and hold back the snide remarks."

"I love your snide remarks," Harry laughed, sitting down in his usual chair next to Louis, and then he winked. "Don't hold back. Give it to me hard, Tomlinson."

Louis' eyes widened, and he shook his head frantically, "You can't say stuff like that! Do you know how long it's been since I've gotten off? A long fucking time!"

"You mean a long not fucking time," Harry snickered.

"I hate you."

"Aww," Harry cooed. "Do you mean it?"

"I hate you and I mean it."

The younger boy, kissed Louis' knuckles, "I'm sorry. I'll leave you alone. I'd offer to fuck you in the bathroom but I don't think your ribs are healed enough."

And then Louis was pulling a mass of sheet and jackets over his lap with a groan, "You are dreadful. Absolutely horrific, why do I like you again? This will take ages to go down."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Harry laughed.

"Sorry for what?" came Anne's voice, and Harry and Louis exchanged a quick look before turning to see Jay and Anne standing in the entrance to the room.

Harry winked at Louis, standing and smoothing the injured man's hair as he kissed his lips gently and faced Louis' mum and his own mum, "Sorry that we've got to go for a bit, mum... but we'll be back! If that's alright? I'll pay for petrol if-"

"No you will not," his mother scoffed. "Where do you need to go, love?"

"To the bureau," Harry responded, and at Anne's raised brow, he sighed. "Not to work. You and Louis both, Jesus. I need to go meet with Agent Payne about Louis' court hearing."

"Louis' court hearing?" Jay gasped. "You've heard about it?"

"Just recently," Harry nodded. "It's Monday."

"Monday?!" Jay blanched. "Oh goodness, I... do I have to do anything? Do you need me to-"

"Just show up and be there for him," Harry soothed. "I... I don't even know if I'll be able to go, not that I would be allowed to be a defendant of Louis, but you'll be able to sit with him."

Louis was looking from Jay to Harry, once again seeming nervous. Harry offered him a small, reassuring smile even though he himself felt like panicking. Anne smiled softly as well, "I'm sure everything will be alright. If they have any heart at all, they'll let Louis by with... what exactly are you trying to achieve?"

"We don't want jail time," Harry said immediately. "House arrest. He'll be living with Jay. And community service. But no jail time, I've already made that clear to Agent Murs and he said it's what he'd push for. Since I'm not on this case anymore, I wouldn't even be able to speak at the hearing anyway. It's all up to Agent Murs, and I'm going to discuss it with him."

"But I still want you there," Louis spoke up. "I... I really want that. Just like if you would have had to take me in, I would have wanted it to be you."

Harry bit his lip, "I'm just glad I didn't have to take you in. Well, I'm not really fond of the reason why I didn't have to but-"

"Harry," Anne chuckled, gently grabbing Harry's good arm. "Let's go so you can talk to your boss and get back here to Louis. Jay and I were having quite the conversation as well."