Part Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Harry slipped his arm around Louis' waist, guiding him slowly and carefully towards Louis' room. The nurse frowned as she spotted them, and she met them in front of Louis' door, "Done walking already?"

"Yes," Louis croaked. "I need to... I need to speak to Agent Styles privately about my case."

The nurse nodded slowly, "I'll tell the guards they can stand in front of the door once more..."

Jay and Anne still hadn't returned, but the nurse helped Harry get Louis to his bed, and Harry pointed at the nasal tubes, "Can he... should he use those?"

The nurse clipped the oxygen level monitor onto Louis' index finger, despite Louis' protesting, "I'm fine, really, please just-"

"I think he's alright," she nodded. "If the numbers on that screen turn red and stay red for a bit, put them back on, Mr. Tomlinson."

"Alright."

Louis wheezed out the moment the nurse had left the room, "They're going to throw me in jail. I'm going to jail and I'm never going to get to see you or my mum or my sisters or-"

Harry seized Louis' face in his hands, pressing a thumb gently over the boy's lips to silence him while his other thumb stroked gently at Louis' cheekbone, "No, baby, no... they aren't going to throw you in jail. We won't let them, yeah?"

"Okay," Louis whispered, holding his arms out for a hug. "Okay..."

Harry wrapped his arms gently around Louis, who still had yet to lean back against his pillows, "Robin Hood never gets caught. And if he does, he always gets away. Remember?"

"I love you and I mean it," Louis mumbled into Harry's chest.

"And I love you and I mean it."

"I'm sitting on Egghead."

And like always, Louis always managed to make Harry smile no matter the circumstance. The young agent helped Louis off of the stuffed toy, setting it next to Louis' flowers. He lightly tapped Louis' nose, "I'm going to go talk to Payne as soon as our mum's come back."

Louis frowned at that, "You can't go back to work, Harry. You're still hurt."

"I'm not working," Harry assured. "I'm just gonna talk to Agent Payne."

The older man pouted even further, "And you're leaving me here all alone..."

"Well-"

"You didn't even stay long, just a few hours, and you promised you'd stay all day-"

Harry was prepared to fall to his knees in front of the boy, "I'll be back though! And I have to go talk to Agent Payne because I need to convince him that I can be at that court hearing, I need to make it so he doesn't suspect anything-"

Louis was smirking at him then, and Harry trailed off as the man giggled, "I'm kidding..."

"You little shit..." Harry narrowed his eyes, flicking Louis' nose lightly before seemingly feeling guilty and pressing a quick kiss to it.

"You were about to start kissing my feet and pleading to be forgiven!" Louis cackled, clutching at his ribs. He seemed to be in pain, but he was laughing too hard to stop. "You're already that whipped?"

Harry crossed his arms then, wincing as his shirt sleeve brushed roughly at his stitches, and he turned to march from the hospital room, "Nope, and I'll prove it."

"Wait-" Louis' laughter stopped abruptly. "No, no! No I'm sorry!"

Harry got to the door, "Nope. You're too sassy for your own good."