Chapter Sixteen

That night, Leopardfoot was desperate to visit Pinestar. She licked Tigerclaw a farewell, who moved his paw in sleep.

She snuck out easily and snuck through the bushes to Twoleg Place.

"I just need to find the right Twoleg Nest," she whispered to herself. Leopardfoot stalked through the grass and moved through the alleys. She kept sniffing the scents of the nests, but couldn't find Pinestar's.

Maybe he died? Leopardfoot thought. Suddenly, a giant tan tom strode out from a back alley. He had overgrown teeth and his claws were twisted.

"You've come into Sabertooth's World!" He growled, "Get out of I'll make you!"

"I-I need to visit my mate," Leopardfoot whimpered. Without warning, Sabertooth leaped and sliced his claws at Leopardfoot. She yelled as she was thrown back. Sabertooth leaped onto her and began abusing her, clawing at her ears and chest. Finally, he got off her and she heard laughing from him and some other cats. She limped out of the alley, and toward the forest. She began to walk more slower, feeling the scents of ThunderClan come closer.

Just a little farther, Leopardfoot, she told herself. She could see pelts of cats. But then, her legs couldn't hold her anymore. She flopped onto the ground and began panting.

I'm so sorry Tigerclaw, she felt tears well up in her eyes, and Patchpelt, I won't be able to see his kits. The blood flowed out and soon, Leopardfoot tumbled into darkness.