Chapter Thirteen

"I don't want your milk!" Whitekit wailed, "I want Snowfur!" The whole Clan knew what happened to Snowfur. She had been hit by a monster and killed brutally. It was hard to tell Whitekit the news.

But overtime, Whitekit had to drink. He shared the milk with Leopardfoot and Robinwing, who both were glad to help him. Leopardfoot heard Bluefur and Thistleclaw sometimes arguing outside the nursery.

One day, Tigerkit, Whitekit, Cherrykit, Frostkit, and Brindlekit ventured out. Tigerkit and Whitekit showed the three she-kits around the camp. Chestnutkit had died recently from greencough. Leopardkit relaxed with Robinwing and talked about her apprentice days. Robinwing said she loved being a mentor and couldn't wait to be one again.

Later when the kits returned, Whitekit said that Goosefeather screamed at them that Tigerkit should not have lived and had to die along with his siblings. Fury snapped at Leopardfoot and she stormed to the medicine cat den, Tigerkit followed her.

"Get away from my son!" She spat. Goosefeather turned, and his eyes were wide with horror, staring at Tigerkit.

"Get that monster away from me!" He hollered. Leopardfoot was ready to storm up and scratch Goosefeather's cheeks, but she decided to complain to Sunstar. Tigerkit began to weep.

"I'm not a monster!" He whimpered.

"No, you're aren't my lovely," Leopardfoot soothed, "Goosefeather is crazy, he should be an elder now." Tigerkit nodded.

"Don't listen to him," Leopardfoot continued. Tigerkit whipped his tears and walked alongside Leopardfoot back to the nursery.