He was the weirdest manager I had ever met.

After five minutes of mindlessly staring into space and questioning myself, I left the room feeling so dazed. As soon as I stepped out of the room, the three boys appeared in front of me suddenly. All of them were wearing the same expressions and all three had their arms crossed in front of their chest.

Oddly, they were like triplets or something. It was freaking me out. ‘The fuck is wrong with you three,’ I muttered under my breath and scowled as they stepped even further forwards into my personal space, almost making me back up towards the door.

‘So?’ Connor questioned me slowly as his eyes gouged deep into my own, as if trying to find out the answer from the expression plastered on my face. ‘What did he say? Did you sign it? Are you part of our band yet?’

I rolled my eyes and regarded him closely with a raised eyebrow at him, curling my arms in front of my chest just to mimic him. ‘I don’t know…’ I trailed off, faking hesitance in my tone just to rile him up a little.

‘What do you mean you don’t know?!’ Darren exclaimed at me, the first one for the dam to break. ‘This is serious shit Ally!’

I took one look at his terrified expression and doubled over laughing like a maniac. When they finally figured out that I was kidding, all three of them swore loudly and started exclaiming at me for being so mean to them. Honestly, they were all twenty-one year olds and they were so freaking childish.

What I meant was that Connor pouted at me while Darren sulked-both apparently not caring that they were acting childish and Seth just rolled his eyes at his two bestfriends before giving me a flat look, raising an eyebrow as if saying that I was being immature for not wanting to tell them the answer.

‘Now if you’re done tormenting us, we’re due at the sound room,’ Seth told me flatly before grabbing my shoulders and pushing me forwards as we walked.  ‘Rip is going to kill us soon if we’re late since we’re on a tight schedule here.’

Around five minutes later of goofing around with Connor and Darren-laughing aloud at our own crazy antics, we finally arrived outside the sound room with a painted letter ‘C’ on the door much to Seth’s annoyance. He was muttering under his breath that he had to be stuck with one more crazy person as he pushed open the door to the sound room.

I laughed along with the other two boys and followed Seth in, my eyes wandering around the room. It’s my first time being in there and it was quite crammed though. The usual stuff was placed on a long table-the soundboard, a high-tech computer and plenty of speakers so that the producer-Rip is able to hear everything clearly.

Further in, with soundproof glass separating from the control room lay the studio where the band plays their music. I could see the microphones had already been set up and a pair of headphones was placed on the side-table.

The man is question was seated on a swivel chair, glaring at the computer and had his ears covered with those huge headphones. Seeing the four of us from the reflection of the glass in front of him, he stopped whatever he was doing and plucked the headphones from his head before swivelling around to face us.

‘You’re late,’ he said and raised an eyebrow as if wanting an explanation. Rip-which was to me a very peculiar name, just sat staring at me with that look on his face the first time we met. That distrust and that annoyance were easily shown on his face like as if he hated me or something.

I rolled my eyes at him. ‘I had business to attend to,’ I replied easily and walked further in until my hip was against the edge of the soundboard, looking into the glass panel easily. ‘So what are we doing today?’