Sharp

I found some descriptive stuff about Mitch written in February that I tried to expand upon tonight

Everything about him seems very sharp, at first glance. His jaw is angular and well defined; his eyebrows are arched and chiseled to narrow points; even his smile strikes Scott as sharp. His lips are full and soft, a flushed, rosy pink, but the angle of his grin, the way he presses his lips together, looks cutting. Scott's hesitant to approach him. He's never seen anyone so intimidating. Scott has at least six inches on him, and way more muscle and bulk, but he feels small, cowed by the piercing brown eyes he can't look away from. He needs a line, something that shows he can be funny and playful, something to disarm the sharp, intimidating boy. Scott needs to say something that will soften him somehow. That will take the edge off, make him slightly more approachable. He just needs the perfect opener.

What he ends up saying is not perfect, is not even good, is barely coherent. He mumbles about beauty and sharp edges and angles and he watches one eyebrow lift, arch, point. The other follows suit, and the dark brown eyes are sparkling with warmth, and the sharpness is gone from his mouth, which just looks soft and pink now. Scott longs to kiss him. He focuses on the lips instead of the cutting angles of his nose and cheekbones, his defined jaw and prominent collarbones, the bony points of his narrow shoulders. Handle with care, his posture still says, but he's relaxing in Scott's presence, and Scott's words are coming easier to him. He's relieved, and he wants to show that off.

He makes himself as soft as possible, as open and easy as possible, because he knows his statue is intimidating, even when he isn't, himself. He leans in to listen and throws his head back to laugh, hunches his shoulders to make himself smaller. He's more likable when he's taking up less physical space, when he's looming less and tilted more, and he can't wait to sit down, to lie down, to be on a more even playing field where he doesn't have to worry about how he looks or what his loud voice sounds like, where he can be himself.