Dante: A Secret Admirer

Gender-Neutral

The basics [(Y/N), (F/C), etc.] and:

(B/N) = Brother's name

Take a shot every time the word admire or some other form of it comes up.

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

Are you a magician? Cause, when I look at you, everyone else disappears!

The note fell out of his locker when he opened it. After reading the little message carefully written onto the paper, he searched for a signature of some sort. The only thing was a baby chick drawn onto the other side.

As Dante racked his mind thinking of a person who would write this, the bell rang, causing him to hastily grab his books and head to his next class, the note held firmly in his grasp.

A certain someone was watching him, someone who had put the note in the blue-headed flirt's locker. Dante had never paid special attention to this person, nor knew much about them. But there was one thing certain.

There were more notes to come.

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

"I'm telling you, I have no idea who sent it!" It was the school's lunch break, and Dante was showing Travis and Aphmau the mysterious note. The freshman girl was giddy.

"You have a secret admirer then! That's so cool!" she squealed. Travis flipped over the paper to stare at the chick.

"They must be linked to baby chicks. Maybe the admirer's a girl, because a chick is another name for a girl, or they like chickens." Travis was deep in thought.

"What're'ya'll talking about over here? Aphmau you look like you're gonna spring outta your seat." A person with messy (H/C) hair strolled towards the trio. Much like their hair, their uniform was unkempt.

Oh, (Y/N), have you found stories for the newspaper yet?" Dante nonchalantly asked the new person. They and their brother were both writers for the school newspaper. He sometimes talked to (Y/N), their calm and collected personality something he admired.

"Some. Might need more. Got anything for me?" They ran their fingers through their hair, a habit that they'd had since the blue-headed flirt met the aspiring reporter.

"Dante has a secret admirer!" the freshman girl blurted, pointing at him. Everyone in the little group looked at him.

"Hey!" He looked at the not-alone buddies betrayed. Travis only gave a nervous laugh.

"You got an admirer? Might make an interesting story. Willing to have me write it? Lemme see the proof." Travis handed (Y/N) the note of unknown origins. The aspiring reporter chuckled when they read the message.

"A pick-up line? Looks like this admirer knows you well, Dante. Maybe I'll write a little story about-"

"No! You can't write a story!" Travis was quick to interrupt (Y/N). "If the admirer is being secret, they might not want the publicity about the note."

(Y/N) glanced at Dante. "Well, we all have secrets we wanna keep." They spoke slowly as if pondering what to do in their head. "Fine, I'll keep this under wraps. Anyway, I'm headed to the computer lab, so I gotta go." The aspiring reporter waved at the trio as they walked away. Dante waved back.

Aphmau turned to the boys. "Do you think they could be the secret admirer?" Travis shook his head.

"If (Y/N) was the admirer they wouldn't have tried to write about it," Travis stated.

"Aphmau has a point. The writing is calligraphy, they and their brother are the only two I know for certain learned calligraphy." Dante recalled all the knowledge he had. "But they wouldn't like me in that way, and their brother doesn't like me at all, which means that someone else in this school knows calligraphy."

"Well, no one really writes school papers in fancy handwriting like that. What are you gonna do, ask everyone if they know calligraphy?"

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

Weeks passed, notes piled up.

The admirer sent a note every Monday after the first period. Dante could never make it to his locker before they had put the note in. None of his friends saw the person.

Dante was getting frustrated. Prom was coming up, and Dante saw this as a chance to ask the admirer. He stuck a note in his locker so that the edge was visible so that someone could grab it. Then he hurried on his way.

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

Dante returned after his class ended and opened up his locker.

Not a single note fell out.

He was disappointed. Was the admirer out today, or did they lose interest? Picking up his books, he walked to the next class, planning to tell Travis at lunch.

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

Tuesday (poor Sam)

Another note appeared.

This confused Dante. Why wasn't the note delivered yesterday? Nonetheless, he picked up the note and read it.

There will be someone waiting here on prom night. The matching colour is (F/C).

The blue-headed flirt re-read the note, checking if he read it right. The secret admirer actually wanted to go with him to prom! Dante felt a grin spread on his face while walking to class.

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

Dante left the room where everyone was dancing and walked down the long corridor to his locker. It was dark, only the moonlight reflecting into the room. The only sounds were the distant music and chatter that got quieter the more steps Dante took.

He saw his locker ahead, and a figure in (F/C) attire standing in front of it. Approaching them, the figure swung around and Dante came face to face with (Y/N).

He was honestly happy to see them. "Are you the secret admirer?"

Their face turned a darker shade. "Wh-what?!"

"They're the admirer, but I sent the notes." Another figure walked out from the shadows with (H/C) hair. "They've had a crush on you, so I stepped in."

"(B/N). Y-you tried to set us up?" (Y/N) asked their older brother. It became clear to Dante that they didn't know anything about who sent the notes.

"I wasn't going to let my younger sib never have the confidence to ask out their crush. Imma leave you two alone." With that, (B/N) walked off.

Dante looked back at (Y/N). Their head was hanging down and their face had taken on a very red shade. "You have a crush on me?" he asked. Dante was very calm compared to the blushing mess in front of him.

"Y-yes" they squeaked.

Dante merely chuckled. "You're very nervous now, which isn't how you usually act. It's kinda cute." Dante took a step towards (Y/N) and they buried their face into his shirt.

He then grabbed their face and kissed them. The kiss lingered before Dante broke it apart. Smiling, he asked (Y/N) "Would you like to dance?"

They nodded, and Dante led (Y/N) back into the dance room.

🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥🐣🐥

1118 words