Chapter 5: Ally's 18th Birthday

Lauren’s POV

Dinah came tumbling into my room an early morning. I'd barely opened my eyes to the new day as she was screaming. «Dawg! Hurry!»

God what was it now? I covered my head trying to block her out, but then I felt her sincere panic and it struck me like a lightning through my body.

«It’s Ally!» I heard.

Oh shit, what day was it today? 7th July. Ally’s 18. birthday! Ally was too kind to wanting to bother anyone else, but we should have anticipated this.

I ran out of my bed and in less than 3 seconds I stood by her side. She was lying on the floor with Dinah’s hand in hers as she was writhing in pain.

«Ally!» I shouted frustrated. I touched her, feeling how she hurt in every single part of her body. I acquired her desperation as I had to bend over by all the pain. 

It was too much, I wasn’t strong enough to block it all out.

I had to squeeze both of my hands on my head. «Ahhh!» I shouted out. I felt arms surrounding me and somebody started whisper in my ear. «Breath Lauren, breathe. For Ally.»

When I heard her name I relaxed, the pain went away with all the emotions. It was hard not to sucumb to all the strong feelings but I tried my best and ended up by her side, seeing sweat running down her head and her body shaking from the transformation. 

She was unconscious and we could feel her skin getting ice cold under our hands as we could do nothing but to sit around waiting for her to wake up.

It took 3 more hours until her eyes finally fluttered open and she sat up monotonically, looking at us with a strange and unknown gaze.

«Ally? Ally, are you okay?» I prompted while holding her hand.

She let go and stared at me coldly. Oh no. 

«Ally are you hungry? Dinah will go get you some food.» Normani said helping Ally to her feet.

«Yes, I’m on my way.» Dinah agreed without the usual bickering and was soon back with a slice of bread with cheese. 

I was starting to worry. She hadn’t spoken a word to either of us yet. What if she had turned it off? No no no. She couldn’t. I still needed her with me. 

She didn’t acceot the plate that Dinah kept offering her, instead she stood completely still. Eyeing our motions with suspiciouns. 

I couldn’t take this anymore. «Ally I need you...please..» I begged, forcing my arms around her. 

She didn’t hug me back, just stood there frozen. I could feel her coldness, but I didn’t care. «Please Ally...» 

_______________________

Ally’s POV

I heard everyone, but I couldn’t reach them. I was there, but I had no control over my body.

My throat burned like hell and I just craved blood. That was the only thing on my mind. Warm human blood that would alleviate the incessant thirst.

I couldn’t hear my heartbeat anymore, did I even have one? I was neither cold or warm, but everything seemed to have a higher temperature than me.

My head was throbbing, make it stop! I felt like my whole inside was screaming, but not a single word left my lips.

I finally fluttered my eyes open only to be met by the light burning its way into my eyes.