Chapter 17

"You thought you could escape me? Bitch you must be out yo damn mind. I own you, this pussy and your life." Ahmed sneers at me. His tanned hand wrapped around my throat as his cold brown eyes stare into my scared green orbs.

"Please." I weakly whisper out as he hand tightens. I begin gasping for air.

"Awe look the bitch is begging me. Mmmm let me think about it?" He actually puts on a thinking face like he is on Blue's Clues. "Nah bitch you good." He laughs before sliding his right hand under my shirt. His hand leaves a trail of goosebumps, not the good kind. I feel bile rising in my throat wanting to be released. The lack of oxygen causes me to choke on my own throw up. My eyes roll to the back of my head but at the last second I feel a gun pressed to my temple. POW!

My body lurches into the mattress of the bed as I gasp for air. My hands scratch at my neck trying to get rid of the feeling of his hands around it. A few long moments pass before I'm able to breathe again. It was just a dream. The same fucking dream I've been having since I first arrived at Quentin's house.

Knowing I won't fall asleep anytime soon, I push back the covers and slip on slippers before making my way out the room an towards the kitchen. It's always like this. Have the nightmare about Ahmed, wake up gasping for air, made myself some hot tea to help me go back to sleep only for the Dream to happen all over again. Every night for nine months at exactly 2.15am this is my reality. Even after graduating from online college, getting my driver's license, and obtaining a job as a teacher's assistant, the nightmare still happens.

Opening my door I turn to go into the hallway leading to the kitchen but stop in my tracks at the sound of whimpers. I tans still in the quite house to make sure I'm not going crazy. No noises are made but as soon as I start to move, I hear it once again. It's coming from Caleb's room.

I gently push open the green door with his name on it. A few night lights faintly shine on Caleb in his bed whimpering in his sleep. I make my way to his bed and kneel down in front of his face.

"Sweetheart? Wake up. It's just a a dream." My hand runs through his hair which has grown longer due to him wanting dreads like his daddy.

"Anais?" He whimpers and leans into my touch as his eyes slowly flutter open.

"Yes sweetheart. It was just a dream." I tell him while my hand rubs his small chubby cheek.

"Annie!" Caleb squeaks out before flinging his body in my arms. I catch him in in time before he hits the floor. He shirt turns wet with tears as large sobs shake his small body.

"It's okay." I shift him in my arms before picking him up and carrying him to my room. I place his small body in the bed before pulling the covers over us as I shift him to lay into my side. I rub his back and tell him it's all okay. Eventually his sobs stops and his body just shakes with small hiccups. I turn the lamp on the night stand on.

The light shows his little brown face with tear marks and slightly red eyes. I wipe away his tears before kissing his forehead and pulling him closer. His arms wrap around my midsection. Minutes pass before he speaks.

"Sorry Annie." He whispers out.

"Why are you apologizing chipmunk?" I ask making him smile at the nickname I've been falling him for months. One day he was eating bacon and stuffing it in his mouth and looks like a cute little chipmunk with his chubby cheeks filled with food.

"Because boys are not supposed to cry." He says.

"That's not true. Everyone can cry. It doesn't make you weak, in face it makes you strong because you're able to show your pain." I run my fingers through his hair.