Chapter 16

Quentin's POV

She got the job as a Teacher's Assistant at Sandy Oaks Elementary.  I remember like it was yesterday but it was three weeks ago.

Caleb stands in the door way looking out. He's waiting for Anais to come back. "She's here!" He calls out quickly closing the door. He scrambles to the couch and cuts on the TV. "Daddy act natural!" He tells me as he fakes watching My Little Pony on tv.

I can't help but laugh. I hear her truck cut off followed by her keys opening the front door. The door slowly opens revealing her. Her hand hangs low and her eyes look slightly empty.

"Oh no." Caleb mumbles thinking the same thing as me.

"Oh shit." I mentally curse while looking at her sadden face. Her purse drops to the floor as she takes a seat between Caleb and I.

"It's okay Annie!" Caleb hugs her body even though she doesn't return the hug.

"It's their loss, because you're an amazing woman and would make a great teacher. It's only one school, other school will love to have you." I start throwing words of comfort while I gently rub her back.

"What happened? They didn't like you? Well it's fine because I don't like them!" Caleb announces standing up for Anais. His love for her is adorable.

"I got the job." She mumbles with an empty look in her eyes.

"That's great right?" Caleb questions.

"No. What if....what if I find a way to mess it up. What if the kids hate me. Oh my God what if I'm a horrible teacher. What if I'm as useless as he said?" Her voice is thick with emotion.

"Look at me." I gently tell her but she does. I grab her chin and force her to look at me. I see the tears in her eyes.

"You will do fine. It's your firsts job as a teacher. Of course you will make mistakes but you will learn from them and do better. And if a few kids don't like you, they are some damn brats anyway. He was absolutely crazy when he said you were useless. He's stupid and you never have to work about him again." I wipe the tears from her face as her hallow eyes slowly gain light. She meekly nods her head.

"No sweetheart, I need you to say it."  I give her a smile.

"I understand." She whispers.

"Under stand what?" Caleb questions sitting in my lap.

"I will be a good teacher." Her voice whispers.

"I didn't her that daddy, did you?" Caleb looks at me.

"No I didn't. I know we only have warriors in this house. And that doesn't sound like a warrior to me." I look into Anais' eyes.

"I will be a great teacher." She says.

"What?" Caleb and I question.

"I WILL BE A GREAT TEACHER!" She suddenly yells out making Caleb and I smile.

"That's right and you are very valuable." I tell her before kissing her forehead and pulling her into a group hug."

She was so afraid of not being good enough. I know she was in an abusive relationship, so he must have told her that she was worthless. He fucking lied to her. She's an amazing person. She's smart, kind, funny, goofy and she has a great body. Thick and delicious. Fuck I've found myself having thoughts that are not so friendly. One day she walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. She only had on shorts and a long shirt. Her smooth thighs were on display, along with her scars.  I wanted to run my hands over every scar on her body and kiss each of them. Hell I found myself needing something to drink after those thoughts.