Chapter 17 Mathis

Start from the beginning

Blade became like a father to me then and to hear that he willingly gave his family up pisses me off. He never got to see what a great woman Ariabelle has turned out to be. And for that he should be ashamed, his son went to join a gang so he could help his mother out and to give some protection to his little sister. Nobody knows how much strain that out on Aria, she didn't tell me or anybody but you could see it in her face last night and this morning that she was hurt but she was mostly pissed. Aria practically raised herself when her father left, her mother instead of letting go of her anger projected it onto her daughter because Alonzo's work made her daughter get kidnapped and marry a biker. But instead of making sure she was okay and that nothing had happened to her she goes and disowns her because of this situation.

Aria would never tell me but I know she needs someone strong to be with. She needs a strong man because she's been strong for everyone else for far too long. She needs someone she can lean on in times like this when her family wants nothing to do with her. Marco may be someone she can lean on but to her she can never let her emotions out and cry around him. But today she did just that with me, having eleven years of emotion bottled up isn't a good thing. Being around people who makes you have a tough shield up all the time is hard, so hard that even when alone she couldn't bring down that shield and cry. She needs me just as much as I need her.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I see that we have arrived at the clubhouse. Suddenly I remember that everyone had crowded around Ariabelle like she was the enemy and probably would be put into one of the cells in the basement if she hadn't yelled out. There will be hell to pay for treating her like she's the enemy when she damn well isn't. And after last night I'm not in a forgiving kind of mood today. They are done acting like she's the enemy even when she's helped this club with those damn riddles. Before getting out of the truck I make my face emotionless, they want to treat my wife like a enemy then I'll treat them the same way. Hopping out of the truck I can already see someone of the club members grimace when they see my face.

I look at Killer and see his face is just as emotionless as mine, this ought to be good. "Get all your asses into the clubhouse now!" Killer yells at the members who are outside.

"What the hell is the meaning of this Killer? We didn't do a damn thing wrong!" Bull says.

"Oh so treating my wife like she's the damn enemy when all she's been doing is helping us out with whatever shit Blade got us pulled into?" I counter back looking straight as Bull. "Surrounding Ariabelle this morning and probably thinking to put her into the cells?"

I look around and see the looks on their faces and know it's true. Well I guess it's time to make them pale a little. "Well if you idiots had done that it would mean war. And not between me and the club, but the club and Ariabelle's family."

"And why would that cause war?" Blade asked smugly. "Not like her family could do a thing to us."

"How wrong you are dear father. Ariabelle's family is one of the strongest mafia families ever." When Killer states that the whole room goes deathly quiet and many of the guys faces goes deathly pale as well. "Now you idiotic mother fuckers let's get to work and figure out which enemy from Blade's past wants to hurt whoever this Belle person is. So find the bastard and find the girl we don't know when this guy is going to strike and how."

"One more thing. Ariabelle has been helping us now why the fuck would you want to throw her into the cells when you assholes knew you would face my wrath?" I asked still pissed off.

"Grim you really can't be pissed off? I mean she started coming around and then those riddles started coming around, we thought she was sending the riddles." Bull said for everyone.