The Baseball Game

You're still hopelessly crushing on your crush (gee author, way to be obvious), but suddenly, he asks you to go with him to a baseball game. 

A question hung in the air, like an imminent storm, staring down on the two of you. Was this a date

Out of fear and a bit of shame, you decide not to ask. Instead, you smile, and reply: "Yeah, sure, i'm free." 

A bright, dazzling smile lights up C/N's face, one that makes your knees weak and your throat dry. "Great. I'll pick you up at 7, alright?"

You let out a weak "okay" and he excuses himself, as the second bell had already gone. 

Yet you were still frozen in the hallway, not sure if this had actually just happened. Sure, you'd hung out with C/N a couple times, but never... like this. Your hands fly up to your mouth, preventing you from making any of the weird and loud sounds that were threatening to leave your mouth. You did a little dance before hurrying to your class. 

You straighten your favorite outfit (i'm too lazy to come up with something rip) and wait an appropriate fifteen seconds before opening the door, to make it seem as if you hadn't been ready and waiting since a quarter to seven. 

You open the door, revealing a boy who literally made you stop breathing for a moment. 

"Hey." you exhale, smiling up at him. 

"God, you look pretty, Y/N. Ready to go?" 

Okay. That cannot have been platonic. Right? 

***

At some point throughout the game, you'd caught him looking up the rules to baseball on his phone and you burst out into laughter. 

"Oh my god, C/N, look." You show him your own phone, where in big bold letters stood: 

MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL OFFICIAL RULES

He throws his head back and laughs that laugh that only he could, and says melo-dramatically: "Oh man, you even got a diagram and glossary?" 

Suddenly, your attention is pulled towards the screen where you can clearly see your own face, and C/N's too, with a big heart around it. Oh no. Kiss cam.

Only now you notice the shouts around you, the previously inaudible words now starting to sound suspiciously much like: "KISS! KISS! KISS! KISS!" 

You scrunch up your nose and cast an apologetic glance at C/N, but surprisingly, he just grins widely, looks up at the sky and says: "Thank you, God." 

He turns back to you, cups your face and crushes his lips against you. He dips you back in a kiss that's more drama than anything, and when he pulls you up, you laugh as he watches you with a grin. The crowd around you cheers wildly -- but you don't notice anymore after C/N now kisses you again, slower this time, his lips soft and smooth, his scent engulfing you. This time, he doesn't do it for the Kiss Cam, this time he does it for you and you are absolutely delighted. 

(≖ᴗ≖✿)

HEY BOIS. 

OK IT'S BEEN LIKE EIGHT YEARS, I KNOW, PLS DONT HATE ME, I KNOW THIS IS WAY TOO SHORT BUT I PROMISE I'LL UPDATE MORE OFTEN

ALSO PLS SEND REQUESTS THAT WOULD BE VERY NICE THX I LOVE YALL

XXXX UR HOMIE UR BOI UR love-stricken failure