Blind Dates

You almost dropped your phone on your face, you were that startled by the sudden ringtone of your phone shrieking loudly through your silent room.
You picked it up and immediately hissed: "It is two AM so you better have a good reason to be calling me!"
Your best friend chuckled on the other side of the phone. "Okay then, I'll be quick. So, I'm at a party and I'm rather tipsy and I just met this really loner guy who acts super mysterious and he's like ridiculously cute."
You were silent for a moment as you waited for her to make her point. When you realized she wasn't going to speak, you asked: "and you had to call me about this now because...?"
"Because I may have set up a date for you."
You pulled the phone away from your ear for a moment, cursed loudly, and then put the phone back against your ear.
"I heard that." she spoke.
"Good. Why the hell would you do that? I don't even know what he looks like let alone if he's a serial killer?!"
"Don't worry. I got it all-" She hung up.
You tried to call her back but she didn't pick up her phone. It must've died, you thought. Or the serial killer hottie killed her, but we'll see once she gets home.

The next day you called her again and this time she did pick up. "What." She groaned.
"You set up a date for me last night, remember? I'd like you to cancel it."
Again, she groaned. "You're saying that as if I have his number. No, Y/N, you're going. 7 pm. It's at that restaurant near our school but we can never remember its name?"
I rubbed my hand over my face. "I hate you."
"No, you don't." You could hear the grin in her voice. Hurry up, Y/N, you need to get ready for your super hot serial killer date."

Dressed in (whatever outfit you'd want to wear), you entered the restaurant. Looking around, you didn't see many hotties sitting alone. You told the waitress you were meeting someone and she pointed towards a rather cute
boy. "Is that him, perhaps?" she spoke and I smiled and nodded.
Well, I just assumed it was him anyway.
You walked up to his table and asked politely: "Hey, I don't know if you...it doesn't matter. Hi. I'm Y/N."
He looked at you with big eyes and then shook your hand, a bit stunned.
I sat across from him and smiled at him. "So...do you have a name too?"
This seemed to wake him out of his daze. "Yes-yes, sorry, of course. The name's C/N."
"I understand it's all a bit weird, how my friend did all this..." You rubbed your neck awkwardly, "it must be kind of a disappointment and all but it's-"
"No, that's not it, you're beautiful, really, I was just a bit- you look like someone I know, I guess."

You talked with him for what seemed like way too long. Huh, you thought, I guess F/N is actually kinda good at this.
You had started to really like this C/N. Maybe even more than you expected, but then again, tonight was all about surprises, apparently.
You got a text from F/N, saying:

You looked up at C/N, then back at your phone and you frowned

"I'm sorry, I just got a text from my friend saying that my date stood me up...But you're sitting-" you gasped as you realized it. "You're not my blind date, are you?"
C/N looked rather uncomfortable.
I hid my face behind my hands. "Oh my god, I'm so embarrassed. And sorry too, I've been bothering you all night while you probably just wanted to be alone-- ugh I'm sorry I'm an idiot."
"No, it's really my fault. I went along with it because, well, you're pretty, and apparently I got the jackpot because you're not just amazing on the outside."
You peeked through your fingers at the guy sitting in front of you and you couldn't help but grin.
"It's one hell of a story, right?"
"One hell of a first date." He winked and that wink led to you being completely captivated by him.

—————

4K READS?? WHAT?? OHMYLORD I HAVENT UPDATED IN FREAKING AGES AND I CHECK MY READS AND BAM
4K
IM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH I LOVE YOU
-A very happy loveydoveybumblebee